5.

FLYNN

Flynn sat in the back seats of Optimus' vehicle form, watching as the desert landscape flew by. Who knew how fast they were going? Oddly enough, the bot's speedometer stayed in a single place. Kayde seemed to have noticed it too but he didn't say anything about it, keeping to himself. Whatever he was thinking he wasn't happy about it, Flynn could tell just from his expression. Is he still mad at Optimus for what happened? How were they supposed to know we would have been put in danger? We were there at the wrong place and wrong time! He'd forgiven the bots, so why hadn't Kayde?

Whatever the reason it probably wasn't a very good one. To avoid an argument Flynn stayed quiet. The speedometer isn't working because Prime doesn't want us to scold him for going too fast. Flynn had managed to work out, smiling to himself. The side mirror on the truck moved to show his face in its reflection, almost like Optimus was still somehow keeping an eye on them both. I wonder how he can still see while he's all folded up like this. Do they have extra hidden eyes? Flynn sat up and waved at the mirror. It moved back and forth, like it was waving back.

See? He's not all that bad. Maybe little uptight but so is Kayde. If anything they should get along! Kayde had always been way too overprotective and Flynn had found himself wondering—not for the first time—did it have anything to do with his military service? They taught him discipline but...it's kind of...bad. He glanced at his brother from the corner of his eyes. Kayde's brows were narrowed into a fine point, his hands gripping the steering wheel even thought there was nobody to see them and blow their cover. He's always got to be doing something, protecting somebody...and if he isn't then he loses his mind. Like it's the only thing that matters anymore.

Was Optimus like that too? If they were so similar could it possible that Prime's fighting during the war on their home planet had changed him for the worse? After all, they really didn't know this alien very well. Anything could be possible. But it wasn't like they could really ask about it. What if he has some sort of post traumatic stress like Kayde? What if he freaks out on us or gets angry or we upset him? So many questions, so many possibilities, so many things left unanswered.

On top of that there was also Jack, Miko, Rafael and Agent Fowler. The small town of Jasper wasn't exactly known for its liberty and acceptance of identities outside of the conservative boxes. Not only that, but especially Agent Fowler. America's government wasn't exactly known for its friendliness towards transgender people. And besides Fowler, Jack, Miko and Rafael were young. Rafael was in middle school, while Jack and Miko were younger high schoolers. Miko looks pretty rebellious. If anybody's going to be friendly with me it'll probably be her. At least Optimus seems nice enough too. And with him on my side the other bots are bound to leave me in peace.

Kayde has always had my back too. So that's good in the least. Maybe having a fellow soldier tell them off might deter any of the other aliens in case they get a little trigger happy. But out of all of his anxieties, nothing compared to the adventure Flynn knew awaited them. It had been so long since they'd had any sort of excitement outside of their mundane, everyday lives. Not since their parents died. Although Kayde liked routine and normalcy, Flynn would be the first to admit that he was exactly the opposite. What was life without a little fun? Maybe it was dangerous but that was the price to pay. And a little danger always got the blood and adrenaline pumping too.

Ahead of them, the side of the canyon opened up to reveal the tunnel that lead into the base. It was difficult to see the base structure on top of the canyon, due to it being build lower to the ground in blended in with the overall surroundings with its neutral colors adding to the camouflage. And if they're in a huge conflict with these Deceptive-killer-guys, then a secret base has to stay a secret location-wise. It'd be a disaster if they were found out. From the way the bots talk about them, it sounds like they're majorly outnumbered.