3

I looked at Tam for a few more seconds. It was strange to me how somehow who could seem so cold on the outside, could be so...warm on the inside. I could see why the grove had brought him, and me, for that matter nearly to tears. 

(I imagine a cross between these two pictures for the grove

(I imagine a cross between these two pictures for the grove.)

I looked away. So many thoughts were filling my head. If this had been my dream, I would have talked with Keefe, then kissed him. I sank to the ground, with my back against a tree. Silent tears made the the descent down my cheeks. I couldn't really see anything, since my sight had gone blurry with the the tears, but I felt an arm cautiously wrap its self around my shoulder, and a small weight by my side. I leaned on Tam, not caring how this would look if anyone saw us. 

"What happened?" His startlingly soothing voice said. 

"Nothing, just a dream."

I could feel him nod. He didn't press me for any answers. I couldn't stop thinking about how different things could have been, had Keefe chosen not to come to the meeting with the Dwarf King. His name again, it seemed like whenever something of importance happened it always me or Keefe, why couldn't we have all just had normal childhoods? I broke down again. 

I was surprised when I heard Tam start humming a soft tune. (Imagine him humming the beginning on the main melody)

I was surprised when he started singing. 

You are not hidden
There's never been a moment
You were forgotten
You are not hopeless
Though you have been broken
Your innocence stolen

I hear you whisper underneath your breath
I hear your SOS, your SOS
I will send out an army to find you
In the middle of the darkest night
It's true, I will rescue you
There is no distance
That cannot be covered
Over and over
You're not defenseless
I'll be your shelter
I'll be your armor

I... I shouldn't have been surprised that he could sing, his last name was literally Song, and his family was famous for their musical abilities. But the way his voice carried the melody through the trees was amazing. Surprisingly I knew this song, from when I was in the Forbidden cities, I knew the next part so...

I hear you whisper underneath your breath
I hear your SOS, your SOS
I will send out an army to find you
In the middle of the darkest night
It's true, I will rescue you
I will never stop marching to reach you
In the middle of the hardest fight
It's true, I will rescue you

I sang along then was quite as he finished. "I didn't know you sang." I said. 

He rolled his eyes, "I didn't know you could either so we're even."

"I can't sing, I just knew that song."

"No, trust me, you can sing. And you are really good."

I just laughed, another first in a long time.

He got up, and offered me his hand, which I took. 

"Thank you for forcing me out to this world."

"You're welcome for subjecting you to this torture."

"Seriously tho-"

"Don't worry about it, if not me then it would have been someone else."

The walk back was mostly silent, but once I got back to my room, I had to wonder... why was I still smiling. 

A/N sorry for the weird chapter I have been obsessed with watch XO Kiity for the last few days, meaning this is already my second time watch it through, which means my brain isn't focusing on anything else. Love you all.

Words: 618