1

Keefe left everyone, but most importantly he left me. I think that's important. Or at least it should be in my mind, how could I be so stupid? "You mean more to me than you will ever know"- how many times had what I had taken as teasing really been flirting? I was a horrible friend. Better-no worse- yet, I was a terrible person. 

It had been nearly a week since Keefe's disappearance, everyone had stopped trying to get me out of my foul mood, everyone had tried, even Ro and Glimmer! Biana had been first, followed by Lihn, then Dex, then Fitz, Wylie, Stina, and the entire collective, Tam hadn't bothered. I guess he knew enough about grief to know there was no sense in trying to get me to talk, or get out of bed for more than showering. 

As I was wallowing in my self-pity, someone knocked on my door. Probably Edaline trying to get me to eat. I even heard her voice say, "Just go in, she won't answer." Well that rules her out. "Biana, I already told you, no a makeover won't help me feel better." I said, taking a hunch as to who it was, but it wasn't. It was the one who hadn't visited, Tam. 

"Sorry, didn't mean to yell at you, I thought you were Biana."

He gave a half-smile in return, never one for a lot of words. He pulled the chair at my desk and pulled in to my bed. With a lot of worry in his voice, like my level worry he said, "Sophie, everyone's worried about you. I was trying to give you space but even I have to admit, this isn't good for you to be locked up in your room for a whole week. Edaline hailed me that I was the only one who hadn't tried something. Please, you need to get outside."

I mulled over his words, he was right, I knew that. But... I deserved to stay locked in here for ever. "I want to but outside is...hard." Another half-smile. " It can be, but sometimes you have to face the world, you have to face people." I looked at him. Who was he, and since when was he so wise. If I had been in a better mood, I would have joked about him being as wise as Gandalf and Legolas, then explaining. If I was in a good mood, which I wasn't. Maybe I could say I was going to go out, then just not. It had worked with almost everyone else.

"Fine, I'll walk around the pastures for a while. Happy?" 

" I am. Except I will be going with you, since if I don't, I have a feeling that you won't go outside." Well there goes my plan. 

"Well let me change and I will meet you outside then?"

He nodded, and began walking outside. I compilated  just not getting up, and staying in bed, but Tam would probably just drag me out the door. So I got out of bed, and just barely remained standing. My legs were as wobbly as a newborn alicorn. I changed quickly, wanting to get this over with as soon as possible. 

A/N I know this isn't much, but I am restarting writing, soon I will start my old stories again. Once again thank you all for being so patient  with me. I love you all.

Words: 568