chapter eighteen

y/n was able to meet the guys right outside the gym before their next match. she saw the guys in their alternate uniform, having majority teal rather than the white with teal accents. upon seeing the first seven guys for line up, she smiled happily, going up to give them a group hug. "you guys did so awesome! matsu-kun, maki-kun, watari-kun, iwa-kun, you guys are really awesome! you two as well, kindaichi and kunimi!"

oikawa whined when he didn't hear his name being called and broke the group hug, "what about me, y/n-nee?!"

"you really do play dirty, tooru, especially against kags. i can't imagine being the other team when you play," before oikawa could counter, "but, you did rile up kageyama enough to bench him, and i'm sure he learned a lot from watching in the sidelines. people don't realize it because they prefer to be hands on, but watching is also a part of learning. take suguwara, the other setter, for example."

"why am i the only one taking your criticism?! and why are you talking about two other setters when i'm right here?!"

y/n rolled her eyes, "because you're such an annoying opponent, tooru-nee! starting that setter dump at the beginning was awesome, not to mention you spiked that ball to rile them up, plus that change from a spike to a set? you love pissing people off and karma came back when the setter dump kags did back to you. but it is without a doubt that you're literally awesome." she ended with a smile, giving her brother figure a full hug to show her affection towards the boy.

iwaizumi smiled softly at the girl, "i'm assuming you also picked up their signals, right?"

y/n smiled back, "i only found out after the 5 point mark in the first set, so i wish i was able to tell you guys. either way, it was an amazing counter in the end. you guys weren't completely targeting a decoy but still having some defense by receiving hinata's spike."

the group talked for as much as they could before they all went back to warm up for their following game.

"will you be watching our game against senseki, y/n-san?" iwaizumi didn't know why he stayed behind or even asked the question. it was obvious what the answer was considering she's been here for them for the past two, now three, games.

"of course, iwa-kun! i would cheer for you and tooru, but it seems he already has his own fanbase to cheer him on," she sweat dropped at the memory of girls chanting for oikawa when he did something cool or when he was serving. whichever reason it was, their voices can be heard for more than half the game. "but hopefully you can hear me cheering for you, iwa!"

to the comment, iwaizumi smiled brightly. the feeling was felt familiar, like how he would feel after scoring the game winning spike. "i'll make sure to pay attention for your encouragement."

"you better head back in though, i don't want you to miss any more warm up time because of me." y/n gestured to the line of spikers, and it looked like their about to be done, with about four more people in line.

iwaizumi nodded, looking over at the girl before walking back towards the gym, "we'll see you later, y/n."

"mhm, see you guys later. do your best!"

 do your best!"