01

𝐙𝐀𝐌𝐈𝐑𝐀 "MIRA" 𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐑

"I said certified freak, seven days a week wet ass pussy, make that pull out game weak!" I rapped as, Tezzy my best friend recorded me.

I stuck my tongue out as I turned around and started twerking causing his face to drop as he ended the video.

"Sit yo' fast ass down." He mugged. I laughed as I laid back on his chest.

Although Tezzy and I are best friends there was definitely chemistry between the two of us, we hooked up a few times and even tried dating but it never worked out between us so we decided on being best friends.

We met around the time I ran away from the group home; Nu'lani and I was boosting from the corner store one day and Tezzy aka Tyshawn happened to catch us and it was history from there.

"Where we going Mira?" Nu'lani asked as we ran away from the group home.

I didn't know the answer to the question all I know is we had to run away from the group home, away from the miseries and the terrible memories. The system was so fucked and treated young colored girls the worst way, they withheld our freedom from us for so long and we were finally standing up for ourselves.

We approached a public park and slowed down as we approached an unoccupied bench underneath some trees; The sun was beaming as it was 95 degrees in Atlanta and I was already tired.

"I don't know where we're going Nunu, I didn't even think that far, I just knew we had to get out of there." I spoke in broken breaths, the after effects of running for our lives was definitely catching up with me and I was low key starting to wonder if we made the right decision but the thought quickly vanished as I didn't want to second guess our decision.

"How much money was in the wallet? We could see if we could get an extended stay for a few days til we figure something out."

Reaching into my small duffle bag, I pulled out the wallet I stole from our ex foster mother counting the crisp twenty dollar bills.

"We have three hundred and fifty dollars." I mumbled. "If we gone find an extended stay we need to start walking now, it's gonna be dark soon and I don't want to be out in the open.

We began walking with no direction soon hitting a busy street, which had a Waffle House at the corner, a Chevron, and Kroger all across the street from one another. I was beyond hungry and I know Nu'lani was also, I don't know why we didn't steal no food from the house.