𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 | 𝐒𝐢𝐱

Michael's Pov ~

I could tell she was upset with me still but I also knew she didn't want me to leave just as much as I didn't want to leave.

I missed her smile
Her flowery/ cherry blossom scent
The way she would look at me
Her laugh
Her soft touch

I missed it all and much more— but I probably ruined it. Is it wrong? Of course, I'm just tired of hiding how I feel and pretending it's just a phase.

To avoid another call from Terence, I made my way to the stairwell and walked down the steps before making my way into the living area of the house. Smiling at him to keep him from even seeing the pain I was feeling inside.

"Hey, where's Ella? I told you to bring her down." Terence said as I took a seat next to him on the couch.

"Ah, she's on her way down don't worry. What's up?" I ask curiously.

"Nothing, nothing at all. I haven't really seen much of her since she has exams coming up. I miss her presence and the old silly times we had you know?" He replied that followed with a short sigh.

Believe me.. I know, I miss those times as well—

"Yeah I understand." I responded back to him, leaning back against the couch.

Shortly after, Ella made her appearance and came down the stairs. We made eye contact once she reached the bottom of the stairs— but then she turned her gaze to her father as he stood up to give her a hug.

"Hey munchkin, you doing alright?" Terence asked.

She looked at me again and my heart dropped down into my stomach. She gave a smile before turning to her dad to diffuse any sort of concern he my have for him.

I can tell, she does it whenever she's hurt or if there's something going through her mind.

"I'm fine, just really tired right now. I'm sorry I haven't really been around." She responded, kissing her dad's cheek before taking a step back to look at me completely. She gave a fake smile and a small wave.

"Hey Michael." She said softly.

"Hey Elle." I smiled a little

I could feel her fathers eyes on me as we exchanged a greeting.

"Oh Ella give him a hug? What's the matter with you!?" He exclaimed, laughing as he pulled her closer to me.

Fuck..

I stepped a little closer to Ella, looking into her pretty yet sweet eyes as she looked into me. My heart beating faster now — I wrap my arms around her, holding her in a sweet embrace. I could feel her hands on my back as she accepted the hug. I quickly pulled away from the embrace with an uncomfortable laugh that followed after; Ella doing the same.

"Ella sweetheart, come help me in the kitchen please! We need to give these two fine men time to chill out and hang out." Elizabeth, Terence's wife stated as she approached the three of us in the living room. Ella nodded, her father's back facing away from us as he headed back to the couch and Elizabeth heading towards the kitchen.

Ella started to follow Elizabeth but stopped and turned her head and looked at me before turning back around to head off into the kitchen with her mother.

An hour later

There are moments where Ella and I would share quick glances at each other. I know at times she can feel my eyes on her just as much as I can feel hers on me as I chat and watch the game. The game was about over when Elizabeth called us to the table for dinner.