Chapter 11

Wang Yibo gently carried Xiao Zhan into his spacious bedroom, which neighbored the study. The moment they stepped inside, the familiar scent of sandalwood enveloped Zhan's senses, bringing him a sense of comfort. The room bore a resemblance to the jingshi at Cloud Recesses, with its ornate walls, a dedicated area for meditation, and folding screens adorned with beautiful artwork.

Carefully, Wang Yibo settled Zhan onto the softness of the bed, assisting him in removing his outer robes until only the delicate, nearly translucent inner robes remained. Zhan's body tensed with a mixture of anticipation and apprehension, but Yibo reassured him in a soothing voice, "Don't worry, I'm just helping you prepare for bed."

With gentle movements, Yibo tucked Zhan under the covers, ensuring his comfort. He then proceeded to remove his own robes, leaving him in only his trousers. Sliding under the covers beside Zhan, Yibo pulled him close, their bodies fitting together as if they were two missing halves reunited. He pressed a tender kiss to the top of Zhan's head and whispered a soft "goodnight" against his hair.

As Zhan's drowsiness started to settle in, a surge of courage and affection washed over him. Without hesitation, he leaned forward and pressed his lips against Yibo's, a gentle and innocent kiss that spoke volumes of his growing feelings. Just as quickly as it happened, Zhan pulled back, a shy blush tinting his cheeks as he hid his head against Yibo's chest. "Goodnight, Lan Zhan," he whispered softly, the words carrying a mix of gratitude and fondness. In the safety of Yibo's embrace, Zhan allowed himself to drift into a peaceful slumber, knowing that he was not alone.

Xiao Zhan awakened to the gentle warmth of sunlight caressing his face. As he tried to orient himself in the room, he realized that he had been returned to his own familiar surroundings. In walked Liu Haikuan, his steps light and purposeful, carrying a tray filled with an enticing breakfast.

"Good morning, Zhan," Haikuan greeted, his voice filled with warmth. He carefully placed the tray on the bed, ensuring it was within Zhan's reach. "Master brought you back to your room before sunrise. He wanted you to have a comforting meal to start your day. And, if you wish, I can be your guide and accompany you outside today."

After a refreshing bath, Xiao Zhan donned the set of black and red robes that he had hesitated to wear. Haikuan, with his skillful hands, assisted in tying Zhan's hair up using the vibrant red ribbon. "Perfect," Haikuan announced, his voice brimming with satisfaction. "Now, are you ready to venture outside?" Zhan nodded eagerly in response.

Leaving the confines of the castle's interior, Zhan and Haikuan stepped into the embrace of the outdoors. The gentle rays of sunshine enveloped Zhan's body, warming his skin, while a soft breeze playfully tousled his hair. The familiar scents of the surrounding trees and earth danced in the air, bringing a joyful smile to his face. It had been too long since he had experienced this sensation. The early morning quests to the forest's outskirts, foraging for precious herbs, flooded his memory, evoking a sense of nostalgia and longing.

Throughout the morning, Xiao Zhan embraced the freedom of exploring the castle's perimeter, his keen senses guiding him along the way. With each step, he carefully identified and gathered various herbs that he came across, sharing their purposes with Haikuan.

Pointing to a cluster of vibrant green leaves, Zhan explained, "This herb is known for its soothing properties. It can provide relief from an upset stomach, nausea, or even morning sickness for expecting mothers." Haikuan listened attentively, his eyes widening with curiosity and appreciation for the herbal knowledge Zhan possessed.

Moving on, Zhan plucked a different herb and presented it to Haikuan, saying, "Here we have a special herb that can be quite useful for minor cuts and wounds. By crushing the leaves and applying them to the affected area, it helps soothe the pain and promotes faster healing."