✒ Extra: If you play with fire...

«If you play with fire, you'll get burned», that's what my mother used to say. For the first time in my life, I had no choice but to agree with her. 

          “Suoh Mikoto, stop your son right now,” I demanded, losing my patience as I watched my hyperactive seven-year-old son run around the living room, throwing little fireballs everywhere. It was the fourth time this week that I had to change the curtains, and it was only Wednesday.

          Mikoto half-opened one of his eyes lazily and smiled at the sight of our little demon running towards him.

          “I did nothing!” Tatara lied shamelessly, knowing that his father would take his side.

          As I watched Mikoto pick up the little boy and make him lie down on the couch next to him, I rolled my eyes.

          “Happy? He's put down now.” His laughing tone made me frown.

          “Of course not, Suoh! I'm not happy at all!” I protested. “What the hell were you thinking?”

          Five days ago, my beloved Red King decided that making our son a member of HOMRA was a good birthday present. For the love of Slate! He was only seven years old! How was I supposed to explain at school that my son had a tattoo on his ankle? What if he burned something?

          “Mom is nagging you,” Tatara pointed out with a laugh. I guess he was relieved that my anger had finally fallen on his father instead of him.

          “Your mom is always nagging me,” replied Mikoto cheerfully. “Isn't that right, woman?” he added, smiling mischievously at me.

          “No, no, no. Don't look at me like that Suoh” he wouldn't easily get me to forget my anger. “Next time your son burns something, you sleep on the couch.”

          Not even I believed my threat, so I turned around and left the room before Mikoto had a chance to give me another one of his devilish smiles. Why did I have to be so in love with this man? It was too hard for me to say no to something, and even more so when he was joining forces with Tatara. That pair of redheads were my weakness.

────── ⋅⋆✾⋆⋅ ──────

          Mikoto hugged me from behind and began kissing my neck, seeking my attention. With a sigh, I dropped the knife on the counter and set aside the vegetables I had just cut.

          “Are you still upset?”

          “Sure,” I said as I closed my eyes and leaned against his chest. I loved the warmth that always emanated from him.

          “I see,” he said victoriously, beginning to trace small circles over my waist. Both he and Tatara knew that I was incapable of staying angry with them for long.

          A shiver ran through my body when I felt his breath on my ear and how he began to nibble my lobe in a flirtatious way. I tried to remain quiet, but it was impossible for me to refuse my King's caresses. In a matter of seconds, I turned around so that I was facing him.

          “For the record, I still haven't forgiven you,” I snorted, putting my arms around his neck and rising up on tiptoe so I could press my lips to his.

          Although my eyes were closed, I could feel his triumphant smile as he pressed himself closer to me. His tongue found its way between my lips, and I gladly complied. The air was beginning to be scarce as Mikoto tightened his grip on my waist and sat me down on the countertop. I couldn't contain a small moan that escaped my lips at the eroticism of the situation. Little by little, our kisses increased in intensity, and with them, the room temperature rose. The distance between our bodies was practically non-existent.

          “Mom's not mad anymore, is she?”

          Like a splash of cold water, Tatara's voice brought me back to reality and I tried to push Mikoto away from me. It was neither the time nor the place. For a few seconds, I had completely forgotten that our son had not yet gone to sleep.

          “No, son. Mom is not mad anymore,” his father replied, with his back turned to him, still spreading kisses over my neck.

         “Mikoto…” I gently tried again to put some distance between us. I felt my cheeks burning from the fact that our son had caught us like that.

          “You can go play now, kiddo,” said Mikoto, waving his hand for him to go away and leave us alone. “You tell him, woman. Tell him that you are not angry anymore,” he added when he saw that Tatara was waiting for my answer.

          “I'm not angry,” I admitted with a sigh. I knew my husband well enough to know that it was useless to argue with him. Resigned, I looked at my son and smiled. “You can go-....”

          I didn't complete the sentence.

          “What the hell is that in your son's ear, Suoh Mikoto?! I hope you have a good explanation!”

          In Tatara's left ear, an earring just like his father's reflected the light from the kitchen.