5. Trouble is Brewed

"Eli-chan..." Nozomi took a breath in to recollect her thoughts and breathed out to relieve her tension. She smiled at her, "It's okay."

"These people were harassing you. It will never be okay. It's unforgivable.." Eli replied without turning away from the redhead. While Eli was never good at fighting, she could definitely throw a punch or two. That wouldn't mean they'd save her from walking away unscathed, though.

But, if a fight was what this woman's looking for, then she'd get it. Even if this group was a gang – notorious even – she was never going to let them touch Nozomi in any way. Not even a single strand of her hair.

Chika's eyes slightly widened; doesn't Eli know who these people were? The blonde surely had guts. If they were the common gang, she would have stepped in already. But, these people were dangerous.

Then again, if she was in her younger self, she would have stepped in either way.

Meanwhile, a tall figure that had gathered astonished attention was heading its way towards the coffee shop. It was a woman with curtain fringes. Slightly tanned and with strikingly, calm reddish-brown eyes. Judging from the white polo shirt with black, punk-fashioned body harness, she looked like a police officer but at the same time, not.

Her black slacks matched the color of her tactical boots and long hair that was tied into a low tail. Sleeves were rolled up to her elbows and the first button of her polo was undone.

She wasn't just tall; she had a lean and slightly muscular physique as well that she looked like she could crush a human skull with one hand.

Each of her footsteps would make someone gulp.

Especially now that she finally reached the café and had set her foot in. Her soles clomped against the floor and the next thing she knew, all eyes were on her.

One of the gang members was taken aback in surprise because of her height, "T-Tall..."

Uh-oh, the Tank is here. Chihiro thought and all she could say was...

... Poor bad people.

The tall woman scanned her eyes around until she caught sight of Eli. It wasn't that hard to notice.

"Eli."

Her voice. It was deep and calm yet it sent chills down everyone's spines.

Eli flinched but she immediately attempted to ease the tension while she rubbed the back of her head, "Y-Yuri! W-What a pleasant surprise!"

"You didn't inform me that you would be taking a day off, Umi was really furious."

"Ack." Eli forgot that Yuri wasn't the one who was actually scary. She'd be dead as soon as they got back.