Chapter Five

Giyuu went for a walk with his uncle later that day. It was around noon when they stopped by a gorge near a farm.
Giyuu looked at the horizon, in awe by the sun and sky around.
He never gets to do this.
Muzan watched him.
"Never been?" He asked. Giyuu shook his head, no. He hasn't.

"Alright. You stay here."

-
A little away, Kokushibo, Akaza and D*uma waited.
"How much longer will it take? I'm hungry!" Akaza groaned. Kokushibo elbowed Akaza.
"We're waiting for Muzan's signal. Remember, when he's done, after today, we'll never go hungry again..... All the humans we can eat, we will."
Akaza grinned as D*uma began howling, quietly, and slobber drooled from his mouth.

There it was. Muzan. He pointed to them. The signal.
The three demon men charged ahead of their demon friends, rushing and chasing the bison, cows and beast in the farm.

All animals went crazy, creating a stampede, rushing down the gorge, the long, seemingly endless gorge

Muzan waited about 5 minutes, before running to the castle.

-
"That's what I'm saying. If you want another kid, I don't have a pro-"
"KAGAYA!!"

Kagaya was interrupted by his younger brother.
"What?!"
Muzan pretended to be scared.
"Quick! Stampede! In the farm gorge!! Giyuu's down there!!!"

Amane and Kagaya's faces become those of fear.
Kagaya leapt up and immediately ran out as fast as he can.
Muzan follows him, and Kanza flies with them, scouting ahead to see if he can see the little boy.
At this point, Giyuu turned when he heard the loud running of animals. There he saw it. A stampede.
He gasped and immediately started running, running as fast as his little legs can carry him.

He notices a small tree, and his thoughts tell him to climb it.
He rushes to it and starts climbing it, though the ground shakes, and he finds it hard to cling on.

Kanza flies to the gorge, watching  the stampede take place.
"Giyuu!" he calls. There, he sees the little boy clinging onto the tree because his life depends on it.
Kanza sees this and heads back to where Kagaya is sprinting.
"He's on the little tree! It's in the center, but you can hardly see it. He won't last long!"

Kagaya notices the gorge, and rushes to the edge. He sees it! Giyuu, clinging onto the tree, but he's losing grip on it.

Kagaya gasps, and starts climbing down, quickly but safely.

"Don't worry, Giyuu! I'm coming!"

Giyuu sees this, and before he can sigh of relief, Kagaya is knocked down by a bison.

"DAD!!!"
After a few seconds, Kagaya appears again, and hold onto the gorge wall.
He starts climbing his way to the area to reach his son.

The distance between the tree and the gorge wall is long, so Giyuu couldn't jump across if Kagaya wasn't there, but he could try since he was.

"Jump, son!!"
Kagaya held his arms out, stretching as far as his arms will let him.

Giyuu nodded, and climbed to the edge of the sad, tiny tree.
He exhales, and jumps.
He landed in Kagaya's arms, and the father clung to his son.

Kagaya placed Giyuu on an edge, not enough room for the both of them, so Kagaya climbed the gorge walls, in an attempt to wait it out and come back for him after it ended.

He made his way up, and saw his brother. Then, Kagaya smiled with relief.

"Muzan!! Brother!!" He smiled. "Help me!!"

Muzan frowned, and crouched, low, facing him, grabbing his hands.

Kagaya furrowed his eyebrows, as Muzan tightened his grip.

"Long... live... the... king..."

Muzan proceeded to throw Kagaya into the gorge, where the stampede was faster than ever.

Kagaya landed on his back, on top of a bison's horns.

All Giyuu saw was Kagaya falling, not knowing the truth.

"NOOOOOO!!"
-----------
The stampede slowed to a stop, and Giyuu climbed down from the ledge. It wasn't high, so he jumped.

Smoke was everywhere, so he coughed and swiped it from his face.

"Dad..?"

He looked around. Where was he?

"Dad??"
He called.

Nothing...

The dust faded, and he saw a large jump on the ground.

He gulped as he headed toward it....  It was his father's body...

"Dad? Dad!" he ran to it, afraid.
"Dad..?" He shook him.
"Dad, wake up! We have to go home..."

He started crying as he moved his arm and tightened himself, trying to fall asleep to wake up. This has to be a dream. A really bad dream...
It wasn't...

Footsteps approach.
"Giyuu..? What have you done?"

Giyuu got up, to his uncle, and hugged him.
"It was an accident! The stampede, the bison, the animals...! I- I didn't mean to-" "Of course." Muzan pulls him in and pats his head. "Nobody... Ever means for these things to happen."

Giyuu wiped his tear, but Muzan continues.
"But your father is dead, and if it weren't for you, he's still be alive... What will your mother think..?"

Giyuu froze. "What am I gonna do..?"

Muzan looked him in the eye. "Run. Run, Giyuu... Run away and never return."

Giyuu wiped a tear, and he ran.
He heard footsteps chasing him, and he saw Kokushibo, Akaza and D*uma chasing him.

He panicked and continued running until he saw a cliff with thorns and bushes. The other option was to be killed by these demons.

He gasped and jumped, jumped into the bushes, running into the thorny bushes, and pulling himself out.

Into the desert, he ran. He ran until his little legs gave out, and when that came, he cried himself to sleep.