Chapter Four

"Man I hate Kagaya!"
Akaza grumbled. "I can't sit down for a month!"
D*uma giggled loudly.
Akaza growled. "What's so funny, eh?!"
D*uma laughed maniacally, pointing at the pink-haired man.
Akaza leapt at D*uma and before he could punch him, Kokushibo sighed.
"Ugh, get over it. His name makes me shudder."
"Kagaya....!" Akaza said. Kokushibo shuddered. "Do it again!"
"Kagaya, Kagaya, Kagaya!!!"

"Imbeciles."
A deep, evil voice sounded from the echoes of the cave of demons.
"I practically handed those kids as a meal, and you couldn't get that."
Muzan tossed down an entire human leg that the three demon men feasted on.

Kokushibo started talking. "Well, you know, it's not like they were alone, Muzan. The bird told on us, and Kagaya swooped in and practically killed us."

Akaza spoke next. "Yes. And it was Kagaya's son, and his pipsqueak friend."

D*uma just laughed, as his tongue stuck out, he bit it, and his pupils angled correctly for a second, before splitting again to eat.

Kokushibo turned again. "So whatcha want us to do? Kill him?"

Muzan grinned. "Precisely."

---------------
Giyuu woke up the next morning, and got dressed into some sort of casual wear, for a prince.
A white button down shirt and dress pants. Simple. He put his hair up in his usual style.
Amane and Kagaya were talking in the sitting room. They had already ate, and were having some tea.

"I'm not mad at him. By the way, what happened with Shinobu's leg, did you hear?" Kagaya asked his wife.

"The cut is about 3 inches long, and it wasn't deep. She can walk, it's not that bad, but she still keep it up."
Amane explained to her husband, as Giyuu entered the room.
"Mom, dad, can I go to Shinobu's?"

Amane and Kagaya looked at each other, shrugging.
"You can, but please stay out of trouble, and don't get hurt."
Kagaya sighed as he watched his son exit.
"What am I gonna do with him?"

-----
Giyuu walked to Shinobu's house. It wasn't far, and he recognized the fantastic scent of bread that arose from the Bakery her family owned.
Kanae was outside, handing bread to people, and earning money.

It was a hot day, so she wiped the sweat from he forehead. A little white haired boy spoke to her. Despite him having no eyebrows to give it away, and some insane eyes, he looked kind as he talked with her. She gave him some bread, and Giyuu watched him walk away, splitting the bread with a little boy with a mohawk. Both boys ate in silence, and the small mohawk kid smiled as he tasted the warm bread.
A large, blind man exited the bakery with more bread, and he patted Kanae's head, and smiled.

"You're doing great. Thank you." He clasp his hands together, like a prayer.

Giyuu walked over to her.

"Sorry, little prince. If you're buying bread, you gotta wait in line and pay the toll. No royal discount, sorry." Kanae smiled and patted her forehead sweat with a look warm wet towel.

Giyuu shook his head. "I'm not here for bread. I'm here for Shinobu?"

Kanae shook her head. "She's not leaving today. Remember, she hurt her leg? It's not that bad, really, but she chose to stay home to stay off it. She can go out an play tomorrow, but Mr Gyomei said to stay in the area."

Giyuu sighed.
"Can I go in and see her, then?"
Kanae nodded, wiping her forehead again, and handing out more warm bread.

Giyuu entered the building.
Gyomei heard the footsteps.
"I'll be out with the bread in a moment, Kanae."

"I'm not Kanae."

The blind man froze. "Is this the prince?..!"
Giyuu nodded, then realized that he wasn't seen. "Uhh, yeah.... I'm here for Shinobu.. I know she can't leave, but I wanted to hang out with her..."

Gyomei smiled. "She's in her room. Shall I escort you?"
"Yes please."

Gyomei led him to a room with a butterfly imprinted onto the door. Inside, little Shinobu read a book out loud to a girl with pink and green hair.

"And they all lived happily ever after. The end. Oh? Hi Gyomei!!"
Shinobu waved her hand to the blind man.
Shinobu noticed Giyuu. "Hey Giyuu!! This is Mits-"
The pink and green hair shook Giyuu's hand furiously.
"I'm Mitsuri!! You're the prince, right? Gosh this is so exciting!! I hope we can be friends!!"

Giyuu gasped. "Uhh!! S-sure..! I mean, yeah."

Gyomei left the room and closed the door.

Shinobu giggled. "Sorry my room isn't what you'd expect. It's not like I'm a perfect royal like you!"

Giyuu sighed. "It's really fine. I don't care. I became friends with you, didn't I? Does it matter that I'm becoming king?"

Mitsuri smiled. "Only that she'll become queen!! Kyaa!!"
Giyuu and Shinobu froze.

"WE'RE NOT BETROTHED!!" They said in sync.

Mitsuri whistled. "Not what I heard from Kanza! And he knows everything about the royal life!!"

Giyuu and Shinobu groaned.