Chapter 13

13

**RECAP**

London's POV

As James and I are sitting in the car, getting ready to go back home to Ash, the car door suddenly swings open and a huge, scary looking guy climbs in and sits down calmly. Following him, comes a very dirty, very crazy looking, very disheveled man with glasses, a trench coat and a huge fake beard. Even with this disguise, this very dirty, very crazy looking, very disheveled man is still VERY recognizable as the one and only Ashton Birch. 

As James and I stare in shock, Ash throws himself into a seat and beams at us. 

"Hi, guys!!!"

---------------------------------------

Oh dear lord. I don't know what I did in my past lives, but the way things are going right now, I think I must have been some sort of baby murderer, and sincerely apologize for whatever happened.

"What the hell are you doing here?!" I shriek at Ash while nervously sneaking a look at the enormous guy sitting beside him, seemingly undisturbed by these recent events. 

"And who the hell is this guy?!"

Ash's face brightens even more. 

"Oh! This is Von!" He leans in conspiratorially, and adds, "He saved me from dying at the hands of a Hell's Angel."

Flabbergasted, my mouth falls open and I turn to look at James, who's face wears a similar expression. 

I let out a deep breath and close my eyes slowly, trying to resist the urge to throw myself into Ash's seat and rip his head off. 

"I'm going to pretend any of that statement made sense......"

I trail off disbelievingly as he ignores me and begins to question Von on his vast collection of unique tattoos. 

"So, is that a cat? Or a dog?" He asks curiously. 

"Actually," the hulking guy responds in a thick Russian accent, "that is a platypus. A symbol to remember my homeland." He thumps his fist to his heart. 

"Oh!" Ash exclaims. "That's cool.. But I thought platypuses were Australian... Aren't you Russi-"

"SHUT UP!!!" I scream, losing my carefully constructed composure, causing both James and Ash to jump in their seats, while Von only turns his head slightly to face me and blinks. 

"WHAT THE FRACK WERE YOU THINKING ASH?!?!?! This is undoubtedly the WORST thing you've EVER done in all the years I've known you!!! What do you have to say for yourself?!?!"

Ash just stares at me, his lower lip starting to quiver. 

I know what he's doing. He's playing on my sympathy, but it's not going to work. Not this time. 

"Well?!" I snap, losing my patience.

And then he starts full out bawling. 

"I... Didn't... Mean to!!! It was just... Sooo creepy... In that house... Aloooooone!!!" He says in between sobs and then begins to wail. 

James looks at me with a look of panic on his face, not knowing what to make of this debacle, while Von just rolls his eyes and punches him in the shoulder. 

"Aww just shut up y' whiny babooshka," he slurs, shocking Ash into a shocked stupor, silencing his cries. 

I take a deep breath, running my hands through my hair, tugging at the strands before letting my fingers lower to pinch together at the bridge of my nose.