The ride home

"Nyla, we have to go" I said in her ear. I did not want to be here any longer; my intentions were not to run into Carter it was to have a good time with my friends while continuing to take my mind off him.

Nyla frowned "girl you really going to let this man run you off? ruin the night??" she complained trying to get me to stay. There was no convincing me and that was that.

The three of us started to go to the exit door when I bumped into a tall muscular body. their strong scent hit my nose I knew this scent from anywhere. I looked up seeing the man I've been avoiding . Great!

My heartbeat rapidly as he held onto my waist "damn ma you in a rush?" he laughed then finally looked down realizing who I was. Carters face straightened looking in disbelief "Winter?" he questioned.

I looked down at the floor not knowing what to say. I mean I've been avoiding the hell out this man what could I say. Aj came over to us on the dance floor with this big ass smile "oh shit yall found each other? that's what's up . yall ladies coming to the VIP section, right?" Aj invited.

I rolled my eyes at Aj he was enjoying this moment and you could see it all in his face. "hell yeah!" Nyla says following behind Aj.

Shaking my damn head remind me to never go out with this bitch again,

"yeah what you in a rush for , you running from someone?" Carter says sarcastically

yeah you I thought to myself.

i followed them over to the VIP section it was so many pretty ass females over here twerking & drunk as hell . One of the girls was Marie the one who let us in. Her eyes brightened as she saw me "Heyyy yall! i was trying to invite you guys to the section but you guys ran off too fast" Marie yelled over the music.

I laughed "we were just ready to go actually"

Carter popped open a champagne bottle making it explode everywhere & took a sip of it after the fuzz went down . "Why it's a celebration! My welcome home party you not happy a nigga home huh?" He says as he squinted his eyes in suspicion.

I chuckled nervously. I was very happy Carter was home but it was too much tension between us . I knew how he must've felt some type of way & I don't know how longer he's going to hold it in.

So, as you know we ended up staying at the spot. Everything was going so well I was actually enjoying myself.

I was out my body "you ready winter?" Layla asked me.

"Yes, you remember where we parked the car?" I slurred.

A bitch was drunk as hell I could barely stand up and I was feeling too good. Carters' friend Khalil would not stop giving me them eyes then when I looked to my left it was carter staring hard looking very irritated.

I stood up to walk but fell right back down. Wow this is some bullshit we need to get it together I'm not trying to be stuck with these people. Nyla was passed out on the couch I began hitting her leg.

"yo we bout to head out c'mon" Carter said trying to help me up

I pushed him off me "no I'm good!" I said, "we're good."

he aggressively yanked me up off the couch to come on making me sober up just a little. He lifted me over his shoulder walking out of the club. "Nigga put me down my friends are still in there!" i shouted squirming around. he threw me into the passenger seat.

"yo fuck up, they coming we are taking yall in the crib."

"Ok put my friends in the car with me the fuck."

"Khalil & Aj got them they will follow behind me" he explained.

But I wasn't with none of that me and my friends have a rule that If we come together, we leave together. all together not in separate cars because if something happens to one of them, I might just become a murder suspect.

What I really want to know is how this man know where I'm staying.

"How the fuck do you know where I'm staying, I never told you what hotel i was at" I said as he pulled up to my hotel,

"nyla told us-- and who the fuck you talking to? niggas don't even play like that. you already wild for some shit. it's like you want me to get to that point with you winter" he said.

'What point? wassup everything was true huh?" I asked.

he scrunched his face "if everything was true wouldn't I be still in there? you sound dumb just get out my car yo" he ordered.

"All that. you put me in here" I continued

"Winter get the fuck out my car then you all up in my cousin face" he said

"What cousin?!" I fussed

"Khalil . Wassup with that , that's how you get down"

"Are we a thing ? 'Strictly business' right" I quoted "you was trying to make me fuck you right after having sex with another girl, & yeah I just might he fine as fuck where he at!" I yelled

Not only was i annoyed but drunk as hell so it was no controlling what came out my mouth . Carter looked so in rage he got out the car walking over to my side.

Carter swung open the door reaching for my neck & began choking the shit out of me. I grabbed his hand trying to gasp for air. "Stop fucking talking winter ... get your hoe ass out my car" he says finally releasing my neck then yanked me out the car .

I gasped for air as tears slid down my eyes "you let another nigga touch you!?" He asked turning my face to meet his "you let another nigga touch you & you gon see what type timing I'm on" he threatened .

He walked back to the drivers side & drove off on me. I went upstairs into my hotel room not even waiting for my friends . I was so shook at what just happened. I lay there drifting off to sleep within minutes.