The Spot

It was Friday night I was finally stepping out to have a drink with Nyla & her sister Layla. I was still 2 hours away living in a hotel room. not because of Carter but because I got comfortable here, I was used to being on this side of town also got along better with people.

Speaking of Carter, we have not spoken since that last call it's been 3 months. I did as he said & backed off. I actually thought about it and like Nyla said i mixed business with pleasure I honestly should not have stepped that far.

I've been avoiding his calls, the social media post with him in it literally been off my socials completely.

I didn't want that type of stress on my mind I just wanted Carter Wright disappeared like I never met him. He disrespected me numerous times and the hangup in the face when I tried to be there for him really did it.

I started swaying my hips as Models by Money Jake played through my speaker while curling my hair. "Ohmygod girl hurry up its ten o'clock, it's a special event tonight all the ballers are going to be there I might not have to pay rent anymore hoe" Nyla said rushing me.

I laughed "girl ten o'clock is when you're supposed to step out, who goes to the club early?" I asked.

I turned off my flat iron & proceeded to sway to the music as I walked out of the bathroom. Nyla's sister looked annoyed waiting for me as well, so I gathered my belongings, and we headed out to the club called The Spot.

The Spot was packed as hell the line was all the down to the end of the building. I immediately started to wish I hadn't taken forever. I suggested we go elsewhere but these hoes wanted to stay.

"Hey..." someone in a group called at us as we stood in line. she walked over to us "aren't you the girl who was Carter wrights Nanny? the one who he moved into his house" she asked.

I paused before speaking "umm..." I trailed off.

"Yes, she is! This girl was living with that man, cooked for him and all" Nyla interrupted.

I looked at Nyla giving her that 'wtf are you doing?' look. I had already told her I didn't want to be known or speak on Carter ever again.

"I knew it" The girl said cheerfully as she looked at the long ass line "I'm Marie Riri for short" she introduced herself.

I shook her hand "I'm Winter."

"Well, come on you don't need to be standing in this long ass line. We can get you guys in; my brother is the Dj. the hottest Dj" she said.

We followed them and got right in.

The party was packed it was so nice in here and a whole vibe. I stood at the bar & asked for a Strawberry Henny while dancing to the song Search & Rescue By Drake. "Come and rescue me, take me out the club, take me out the trap Take me off the market, take me off the map" I sang loudly.

I tipped the Bartender then started to sip on my drink waiting for Nyla & Lay to get their drinks they ordered. As the song changed, I felt someone come up beside me feeling they breath touch my ear "what you drinking?" a deep voice said.

I looked over and instantly blushed seeing how fine this man was. Goddamn these niggas over here are fine as hell. "Strawberry henny" I answered.

He smiled & nodded "okay okay , cognac queen" he says.

I jumped to offensive mode "ok and what's that supposed to mean that's a bad thing?" I asked.

He put his hands up in surrender "not at all, Thats what I like. let me buy you another one" he insisted.

I chuckled "what the hell I just started this one you want me drunk?"

"I mean we here to have a good time right" He says

"I mean yeah but--"

"You are so fucking pretty yo where you come from" he interrupted gazing into my eyes.

I didn't know what to say because I got stuck into his eyes as well. Could this be my soulmate I thought to myself ... Ha yeah right.

"Aye, Khalil get your-- Winter?" a familiar voice said. I shot my head around seeing Aj, Carters close friend. Oh great, don't tell me he's a close friend also because I finally thought my love life was getting somewhere.

"Aj!?" I yelled over the music.

Aj eyes brightened "damn I wonder how this nigga Carter about to be when he sees you in here tonight" Aj said.

My heart immediately fell out of my ass, out of all times we have to all be here. Khalil scrunched his face "wait this the one he been talking about? damn yo" Khalil said a little upset.

I was upset also because the way this man was just spitting to me probably would've had my panties off by the end of the night. But forget all of that right now. Carter was here. He was a free man again & I can't imagine how he must feel about me avoiding him.

I need to get to the nearest exit asap I do not want to be reunited with this Carter this is some Bullshit.