The Start of a Legend Begins With Tragedy.

This isn't a story for the lighthearted there will be death and blood, but this story will follow the rise of a legend and the fall of a few more along the way. This story happened long ago, so far in the past that few people know the true version of it. This version is the version that I have decided fits best for the world we live in. There won't be naïve kids who become powerful just because they said they would. There will be no individuals who survived on luck alone, but there will be hope and there will be fear, and devastation. The anger that will be shown in this story will be rare but genuine, and the happiness will be even more prominent. You are not reading a story of a naïve child who grew up desperate for attention. This will be the story of a man who was never a child because he had to grow up so quickly. This man will become a legend and you will follow his footsteps as he creates history wherever he walks. Every little decision he will make affects everything that will come to be.

--------------------Line Break--------------------

It all Started the night of October 10th. The night the Kyubi no Kitsune attacked the village hidden in the Leaves. The night heroes and innocents died while a legend was born. This new hero would be known as the perfect shinobi, and later known as the perfect Hokage. He was not as naïve as Hashirama, not as militaristic as Tobirama, not as patient and docile as Hiruzen, and his term would be much longer than Minato's. He would be known as Naruto Uzumaki Namikaze the Perfect Shinobi, but that is all much later in the story for now let's start at the beginning back to October 10th where Minato Namikaze and Kushina Uzumaki are awaiting their fate.

Hiruzen knew that something awful was going to happen tonight. He should have known that it had to do with the Kyubi. Kushina was giving birth tonight after all, but he held out hope that it wasn't. For the Fourth Hokage's sake.

Hiruzen watched as the demon fox started its rampage. The demon destroyed buildings with a single swipe and stomped on shinobi and civilians alike. The old man knew it was time to come out of retirement, for hopefully the last time, to stop the fox. If only he knew the outcome of this battle would force him back into office for an exceedingly long time.

The air was filled with a suffocating aura that made civilians and shinobi want to kill themselves on the spot. The killing intent was so thick even the most seasoned shinobi dreaded it. The fox's teeth alone could send fear into the strongest armies, and it was attacking a village full of civilians.

As Hiruzen approached the battlefield with a few of his most skilled Anbu he couldn't help but wonder where Minato was. After he redirected the tailed best bomb Minato disappeared, but Hiruzen couldn't worry about that right now. He just had to push the nine tails outside the village and stall him until his successor could return to stop the beast.

Hiruzen walked onto the battlefield and started giving orders to all the shinobi willing to fight. Then he joins the fight himself. Summoning the monkey king Enma, who didn't hesitate to turn into his staff form, he faced the nine tailed beast head on.

"You will not destroy the village I love on my watch you ugly beast," Hiruzen shouted at the large fox.

The mighty fox swung his tails and destroyed a whole sector of the village. Hundreds of lives lost with one attack. Hiruzen extends his staff and hits the tailed beast in the chest. The staff pushes the beast back. Hiruzen's attack did not go according to plan. Once the Nine tails recovered its anger only increased. The large demon prepared to destroy another sector of the village, but a large toad fell from the sky and landed on him.

Lord Fourth appeared in the air over the fox. He landed on the fox and the beast and the Hokage disappeared in a flash of yellow.

As soon as the nine tails disappeared the Third Hokage of the village hidden in the Leaves started to give out orders for search and rescue parties.