Eventful Apologies.

Hailee's POV

I woke up around 8 am, noticing I was tucked in my bed. I must have fallen asleep while watching "Footloose" with Griff, who tucked me in as well. I clawed myself to my bedside table, searching for my phone, noticing that Griff had plugged my phone into charge. I unlocked it and opened his messages,

Griff 

thanks for tucking me in, hope you made it back home safe...

sure did, and it was no issue, you were super tired

i will drop by your place around 10:30 

wait, what for? 

your new neighbour asked me to come to help him 

with his car, couldn't say no to the Chevy

oh god, I was such a dick to him yesterday

you were, and he seemed like a huge fan, immediately recognized me

might drop by his place before you get here, get to know him a bit, its 

been a while since I have had a neighbour here

you do you, haiz

see you later

you too :)

I hopped out of bed and lazily dragged myself to the bathroom. 20 minutes later, I was freshened up. The only thing left was to get my morning coffee. I walked into my garage, stepped into my land rover and drove off to the nearest Starbucks. 

One busy morning queue and photograph later, I was back in my car with 2 coffees. Coffee seemed like the perfect apology for my rude introduction yesterday. I parked my car and walked towards the neighbour's place. On the way up to the front porch, I heard a loud noise, like glass shattering. I sprinted to the door, finding it unlocked and pushed it open. I looked towards the kitchen, seeing a shattered glass bowl, with what I assume is pancake batter spilt all over the floor. I saw my neighbour standing over the bowl, his hand bleeding heavily. He turns to me and said with a broad smile "Ah, well I was always a brunch guy." I snickered and asked "Are you okay? The cut looks pretty deep." "It's all good, I still have all my digits." I put our coffees down on the kitchen top, slightly shocked by his calm demeanour and ask "Any chance you have a first-aid kit somewhere?", he pointed to a chest of drawers in his living room saying "The first drawer or maybe the second, from the top. It's a grey pouch with a silver zipper." I hurried to open the drawer and pulled out the pouch. I took out a bandage, cotton and some disinfectant. I looked over to see him washing his wound under the tap, unflinching when the cold water hit his large cut. 

I walked over grabbed his hand and said "Stay still, I am going to clean it and wrap it. You should go see a doctor as well." "Nah, the cut isn't deep enough to warrant stitches. Just gonna let you wrap my hand up before I clean up that mess," he said pointing behind at the messy kitchen floor. While my hands were wrapping his wound, my eyes were studying him. He was wearing a pair of running shorts and a simple white vest, snug with his muscular chest. His hair, styled exactly like last night, tucked behind his ear, while a strand drapes the left side of his handsome face."I could clean it for you." I offered as I finished wrapping his cut, before walking over to the kitchen. "It's the least I could do for yesterday's outburst." "You don't have to apologise for yesterday, everyone has their rough days." He said, standing up and walking towards me.