Call of Adventure

As Alexis is outside of the Robinsons house she quickly knocks on the door before Franny opens the door up.

"Oh hello Alexis. How are you today?" Franny asks as she smiles.

"I'm good Mrs. Robinson." Alexis says kindly.

"Would you like to come in sweetie?" Franny asks as Alexis nods.

"Please." Alexis says as she comes inside before Franny shuts the door.

"How is your school coming along?" Franny asks.

"Well Mrs. Robinson. Um I was actually looking for Wilbur. I was hoping he would want to hang out today." Alexis says.

"Oh yes. He is in the garage. Don't ask me what he's been doing in there though." Franny says as she chops some vegetables on a cutting board.

"Thanks Mrs. Robinson." Alexis says as she smiles and begins to head for the garage.

"You're welcome dear. I'm really glad Wilbur has a friend like you. You two seem to have gotten pretty close over the past two years." Franny says as Alexis stops and looks at her.

"Yeah. We've always been close." Alexis says as she shrugs.

"But you two seem closer lately. More than usual." Franny says as she smiles.

"I'm sure I don't know what you're talking about Mrs. Robinson. Anyway I'm gonna go talk with Wilbur." Alexis says as she quickly leaves and goes into the garage.

"Wilbur your mom told me you were in here. By the way your mom just acted a little weird with me in the kitchen." Alexis says as she enters the garage.

"Oh Alexis! I'm glad you're here. And yeah my mom can be weird sometimes. Anyway I'm glad you came by. I got something to show you." Wilbur says excitedly as he grabs Alexis's hand and pulls her over to a large object covered by a sheet.

"You got something to show me?" Alexis asks curiously.

"Yep! Take a look." Wilbur says as he takes the sheet off to reveal a floating look car.

"It looks like a floating car." Alexis says not being real impressed.

"Not just a floating car. A time traveling car!" Wilbur says excitedly.

"Time travel!?" Alexis asks in disbelief.

"Yeah. It's my dad's. I've kinda been tinkering with it." Wilbur says sheepishly as he runs the back of his neck.

"And by tinkering you mean using it without permission?" Alexis asks as she crossed her arms.

"Yeah." Wilbur says.

"Wilbur." Alexis says annoyedly.

"Look I know what you're gonna say. What could I possibly need to time travel for?" Wilbur asks as he smiles.

"Along those lines among other things." Alexis says.

"Well instead of me just saying how great this thing is why don't I show you instead?" Wilbur asks as he opens the door of the car.

"Beg your pardon?" Alexis ask in surprise.

"Oh come on. What's the worse that could happen?" Wilbur asks innocently.

"You don't want me answering that." Alexis says as she stares at Wilbur.

"Come on Alexis. You're my best friend. Let's have a little fun." Wilbur says pleadingly.

"I don't know." Alexis says unsurely.

"What's their to worry about? It'll be fine. You'll be with me." Wilbur says as Alexis sighs in defeat.

"Ugh. Fine. Just this one time." Alexis says in defeat.

"Yes! Now strap in and get ready for some fun." Wilbur says as he gets into the car.