Yukrino

Yukrino shook his head to clear his mind of the last clouds that the sedatives left. He was glad that the bandages were gone, but if the two nurses had told him that this was their plan, he would've voluntarily stood still.

Okay, maybe not that still.

But he would've enjoyed it more if they didn't pump him full of sedatives every time they needed to check on him up close. To be fair, these dolphins had all reason to do this, his species hadn't exactly been nice to theirs.

"I see the clouds in your eyes are gone. Great, we have so much to dicuss!"

Yukrino looked a the tank next to him with a sigh, the turquoise dolphin, Dart, had more or less managed to to crawl under his skin. He almost laughed, that was a phrase he picked up from said dolphin. 

"Ugh... about the dream, I imagined that I ate you alive."

"Aw, you like me so much you would eat me?"

"Yes. What? No!"

Dart burst out laughing. This was one thing he hated about this particular dolphin, even though he was speaking Galactic 16, he used phrases that were only known by those who were able to speak terranic. What really irritated him was his use of something called a "metaphor", where two completely unrelated, but yet somehow similiar things were compared to each other. Never in the 21 years of his life had he heard of something like that. At least it had helped him understand their nature a bit more.

An angry stare finally got Dart to pull himself together. 

"Sorry, where are my manners? How are you feeling today?"

"Somewhere between absolutely angry and exhausted."

"Oh, I assume being stuck in an anti gravity tank isn't something that happens on your side."

"No, we have to recover for weeks while you..." 

Did he really just engage small talk with a dolphin? The captain of the Gumrak would kill him personally if he ever found out. 

"While we?"

Yukrino sighed and turned away. He pulled on the restraint on his tailfin, but like the many times before, it wouldn't budge. As a grownup Ovrian, he was almost too big for the tank. These were made for dolphins after all, which were smaller than him. He wished to be anywhere but here, these dolphins were often way too happy for his liking. 

"Hey, come on, I didn't want to make you feel bad."

Yukrino wasn't feeling bad, he just didn't like the fact that the dolphin, who was the very reason for his capture, managed to somehow break through to him. He had to admit, some of the stories Dart had told him were impressive, he was even surprised to learn that he was raised in a laboratory. Before, he had always pretended that he wouldn't listen, but Dart continued anyways. This dolphin was strangely enough entrusting him with things like that. Why him? He was supposed to be the mortal enemy of his species. All of this was messing with his head.

His thoughts were interrupted by several whistling sounds, unmistakenly Trinär. Dart appeared to be singing something. It was nothing Yukrino could understand, but it had a calming sound to it. Slowly he realised that the dolphin was singing this for him.

"Hey, cut that out!"

Dart completely ignored his demand, and instead kept going. Yukrino spun around to look him in the eyes.

"Fine, you win, now stop it, I'm not a little dolphin!"

A smirk formed on the dolphin's face, only now it dawned to Yukrino what he had said.

"Great, how about we make a deal? You tell me about your home planet and I'll teach you Trinär."

Yukrino sighed.

"Fine, anything, but stop annoying me all the time!"

"Good enough for me, so, how about you start with your part?"

Dart attempted to get as comfortable as possible inside his tank, apparently he was trying to imply that he was giving Yukrino all his attention. This dolphin was a nuisance, but talking to him seemed to be the only way to get him to shut up, so he decided it was worth it for now. 

"Alright, I'll start with our planet's past..."