𝟭.𝟬𝟱. hidden

────────────

────────────

Like a bucket of freezing water April felt the gushing winter wind enter her room, quite efficiently waking her up from almost fifteen hours of sleeping.

    She laid in her own bed, under more blankets than she remembered she even had, and still in her bloodied clothes. Her eyes fluttered open pretty lazily, but she kept them half-opened as the early sunset's light poked right into her room through the windows. April had absolutely no recollection of what had happened after she had escaped from the medics, and definitely had no idea how she ended up in the comforts of her own apartment.

    It couldn't be all that ideal, though, because as soon as the redhead managed to dig from under the blankets, the concussion made itself known again. Intuitively grabbing her own head, April felt a harsh surface underneath her fingertips.

    Dried out blood, she figured correctly, did the guy hit me that hard?

    Even more than the much anticipated shower, April practically begged her body to move faster on her way to get some water. Given that her apartment was a pretty spacious and high studio in which she spent little to no time at all, only when she had to, she payed no attention to the unknown mass moving up and down on her never occupied leather couch. For all she knew, there could be piles of clothes of things to throw out sitting there for weeks, and she definitely did not anticipate a human sleeping underneath blankets that made them look like a shadow.

    Thanks to the long-awaited quality sleep her body wasn't used to anymore, April was in surprisingly high spirits, not yet remembering all of the horrors of the previous night, or the fact she had no idea if Fiona made it out alive. But that, for the moment, were the worries of future April. Right now, proud that she could walk straight, she began humming a song from a commercial she once saw on the TV.

    "Toothbrush, toothpaste, turn around and make it your bus—"

    "April?"

    Twirling around in absolute shock, the only think she managed to grab was a magnet from Zurich, one of the twenty she had gotten from her mother over the years. Mindlessly extending it forward as a poor attempt of self-defense, she couldn't even see who was standing in front of her because of the halo the sunset provided for them.

    "God?" was the only sensible possibility she had in mind right now, even though she wasn't much of a believer anyways.

    God let out a warm laugh, one that matched the sky's colors and how April had felt like under all the blankets. "Far from it, I'm afraid,"

    The magnet was immediately and carelessly dropped to the floor, forgotten, as April's whole existence was now preoccupied with the fact that Dick Grayson was somehow in her apartment. "Oh," she chimed. "It's you. Hi. How did you get here?"