Chapter 4 ↴

The Roman gladiator arena was a massive circular structure with towering stone walls. We stood right in the middle, inside, the central arena floor was covered in sand. No spectators around the tiered seating, to enjoy an unobstructed view of the contests. The arena featured entrances for grand arrivals and was adorned with statues, frescoes, and decorations, creating a grand and vibrant atmosphere. The arena's design and atmosphere made it a captivating and awe-inspiring setting for the thrilling battles of the gladiators.

"So, where's the anomaly?" I questioned, my voice filled with curiosity and anticipation. I swung my hands down by my sides, the fabric of my suit fluttering in the wind. My eyes darted around, scanning the field of sand.

Oh sand.

My eyes widened in astonishment, my senses heightened as I watched the spectacle unfold. The sand spun faster and faster, taking on a life of its own. Within the cyclone, the particles began to merge and coalesce, shaping themselves into an imposing figure.

As the sand settled, an immense sandy construct towered before us. It stood tall and imposing, its form a manifestation of pure desert energy. The sandy man glitched, its granular surface reflecting the sunlight in a dazzling display of this earth's hues.

Every inch of the sandy construct was intricately detailed, resembling the rugged texture of desert dunes. The grains of sand shifted and flowed, giving the impression of constant movement and fluidity.

"ohh, I get it. Sand man." I smirked, my eyes twinkling with a mix of amusement and realization. I glanced at Miguel, who appeared to be facepalming in exasperation.

The glitchy figure, caught in confusion and distress, bellowed with a distorted voice, "Send me back!" The sound reverberated through the air, carrying a hint of frustration. As the figure's voice echoed, grains of sand were forcefully expelled, creating a haze that filled the air with a gritty cloud.

Miguel, recognizing the need for heightened focus, swiftly pulled on his mask, his movements crisp and efficient. His mask concealing his identity pulled tightly over his face, locked in place.

I observed Miguel's swift action, understanding the gravity of the situation. I mirrored his actions, reaching for my own mask and securing it snugly. The fabric encased my face, accentuating my determined expression.

Now fully equipped with our masks and united in purpose, faced off against the formidable Sandman. The swirling sands around us seemed to respond to Sandman's presence, creating an ominous and turbulent atmosphere.

I decided to leap into action first, my agility and quick reflexes allowing me to dodge the sand projectiles hurled by Sandman. I performed acrobatic flips and twists, weaving through the onslaught with grace and precision. With each movement, I  analyzed Sandman's patterns, searching for a weakness to exploit.

I watched Miguel following suit, utilizing his advanced technology and futuristic gadgets. His reactive suit enhanced his strength and agility, granting him an edge in the battle. He fired energy blasts from his gauntlets, aimed at destabilizing the shifting form of Sandman. The blasts crackled through the air, causing the sand particles to momentarily scatter.

Sandman, however, proved to be a formidable adversary. With each attack, his sandy form shifted and reformed, enabling him to absorb and disperse the impact of their strikes. He launched sand tendrils towards us, attempting to entangle them within his gritty grasp.

I quickly used my webs to swing out of harm's way, evading the tendrils with agility. I  retaliated by launching web projectiles, aiming to trap Sandman's limbs and restrict his movement. My webs clung to his sandy body, temporarily restraining him.

❝ Caught in the web of love ❞  - ↳ Miguel O'hara On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara