Violet Eyes

Edriel brought us to Catherine's Pearl. Mom cried at the sight of all our family's treasure gone, stolen by Cleonnas artillery. He led us to a hidden room down a secret staircase.

At the bottom of the never ending stairs, we entered a trophy room. I saw the nectar on an ancient looking shelf and surrounding it were other potions.

"Grab the nectar," Edriel gestured to Mom.He scanned the room and took sight of the smaller bottles that surrounded the Nectar. "Millina, you snaffle the knockout serum and Mya you grab the speedination particles." He said in a calm, controlled voice.

After we bagged the potions, we went back up the stairs again. "So when we get there, I'll swim above the guards and sprinkle the knockout dust over them." I said, excitement in my eyes.

"And we," said Millina, staring into Edriels eyes,"we will take the speedination particles and distract the guards while Mom sneaks behind them and applies the midnight sleep powder." Edriel gave a nod in agreement and looked a me. I feel like he wants to ask me something. He turned his attention to Millina.

I get it! Edriel and Millina are... Are in love!

I have to tell mom. But what if she overreacts about her daughter dating? I think I'll handle Edriel myself.

"You two go ahead," I said to mom and Millina. It's time me and Edriel have a little chat. "Ok," sang my new beautiful sister. She swam ahead with mom in such an elegant movement almost in a skip.

"Now that we're alone," said Edriel looking me in the eye. I never realized how handsome he was. With his dark green eyes along his peach lips and coke colored hair. His smile was genuine and mysterious. He brought me to reality.

"I've been wanting to tell you something. Your sister. She's rigged." He said. "Rigged?" I asked confused. "Cleonna gave her a spell. When you leave your Ningyo pod you drink a special potion. Cleonna must have switched it with a mind watcher.

I can tell because her eyes are violet. I have been getting close to her so I could see her neck. As soon as I got a chance I checked and her veins were purple. Eyes and veins are what show the potion. I guess what I'm trying to say is your sister is like a camera/tracking device. They know where we are and are catching up."

When I heard this news I was devastated. After all we've been through I thought we had escaped but they've know where we were since the beginning. I cleared my throat. "Is she in any danger? Are we?" I said rethinking my question. "No, not yet. But when they get here it will be different." He said, trying to focus on the facts. "Thanks for joining us. We wouldn't be as successful without you." I said.

"Thanks." He said sheepishly. "And there's another thing." He said with his beautiful smile. "Go on." I said expecting something good. "I think your sister amazing...