A demon in the underworld

Jacob's birthday party was fun for a children's party, I was picking up my jacket when Emma, Jacob's mother, approached me.

"Do you go?" she asked.

Jacob come with us before I could answer, he had his face painted like a tiger, an animal a lot less dangerous than his.

"Ohh do you go?" he said with a sad face.

"Yes, I have to finish homework before tomorrow. Enjoy the rest of your special day."

Suddenly, a black flame appears in front of Jacob's face.

"What are you doing? You mustn't use your powers with people in the house," Emma said.

"I don't do anything," from between the flames came a letter and the flames disappear. Jacob tried to read it, but he seemed confused and gave the letter to her mother. "I can't read it," he said puffing out his cheeks in a signal of frustration.

"It's normal, your father thinks that formal letters are in Latin for some reason," Emma said reading with calm. "Your father's gift is a boat trip for the river Acheron, tomorrow?" Emma said with an angry face. "Your father always does the same, I'm so sorry Jacob but tomorrow I have to be in a New York court."

Jacob's happy face at knowing about the trip turned into a sad face quickly.

"But I wanna go to the Action River."

"Acheron River, one of the rivers of the underworld in Greek mythology," I said.

"Now, I really really wanna go, Mom, please," he said with his puppy look.

"I can't, Matias is who'll take care of you tomorrow," both of them looked at me with a smile.

"Not, never. I'm so sorry but I like livings in the mortal realm and dead in other places," I said deeply convinced of my words.

The boat wasn't so bad. I didn't expect that Charon has a company of boat tours with so lovely ships. The views were also incredible. We were surrendered by golden olives and the unique disgusting thing was the river which was made up of babies' souls. But, you would never guess that place was Limbo.

I was enjoying the trip, and not only because I was earning $45 per hour. However, Jacob wasn't enjoying the views. A cute girl of approximately his age was sitting next to us and he was trying to draw your attention.

"I'm Jacob from Pennsylvania, and you?"

"I'm Baw from It's not your business," she said in a bad way.

"C'mon Jacob, don't bother this girl," I said.

"Pay attention to your older father," she said.

"I'm not his father, I'm his ..."

"My servant," Jacob interrupted me. "He's my servant and I'm a duke of the third circle."

The girl looked at him some more interested, but not much. "Do you allow your servant to speak to you in this way?" She said.

"I prefer to punish him in private."

At that moment, I was asking myself why I was being punished by having to put up with these rude brats, maybe I had killed a puppy in my last life. They kept talking.

Then I notice that someone was observing us. There was a group of hooded men near us. A group of people in black tunics isn't remarkable for a trip through the underworld, but their persistent look at us made me fear the worst.

"I'm going to the bathroom," Jacob said suddenly.

"I accompany you," I said without taking my look at the group.

"Well, he has been in our family for a long time, and for this reason, he isn't able to separate us," he said trying to look cool.

We got down to the compartment.

"Thanks for the help, dickhead," Jacob said angrily.

"First If you call me again dickhead, we will have a big problem, and second there is someone strange looking at us."

Then we heard steps from the stairs. Three hooded persons appears from there and looked at us.

"Join us," they said at the same time raising his skeletal arms.

They were really scary, and a nanny of demons isn't easily frightened. Jacob and I started to run and we hid in a closet.

"Jacob, they're few persons, invoke your legion of spirits," I whispered.

"I can't, this circle is the property of another king of hell. Do you want me to start the apocalyptic?" he said little moody.

He started to breathe weirdly, he was clearly scared. I put my hand on his should.

"Yo, breathe calmly," I said trying to look relaxed, although I wasn't. "All will be right."

Suddenly the closet door was opened by someone, and one of the sectarians took my arm.

"Join us," he said with his face near my face.

"Let him go!" Jacob shouted.

Then his eyes brightened in a blood-red color. Water tentacles appeared from a nearby pothole and hit the sectarian holding me hard. Maybe Jacob yes he's Aquaman. The rest of the sectarians came due to noise and Jacob mashed all of them.

"What are you doing?" An old woman yelled at us and started to hit me with her purse.

"Ma'am, please stop hitting me," I said.

"Why are you attacking our sellers?"

"Sellers?" Jacob and I said at the same time.

One of the skeleton sectarians approached me and give me a leaflet. 

'Join us in this incredible offer. Your wishes for a vacation house in the underworld are now possible at a competing price. You will have the house for two weeks per year and our agents picked you up from the mortal realms at no extra cost. A promotion of MM Tourism.'

"Is this a timeshare?" I asked.

"Exactly, are you interested?" the old woman said.

I took Jacob's arm and ran away.

"Why are we escaping now?" Jacob asked.

"Because they're worse than I thought at the beginning."

The ship arrived while we were in the compartment, the girl that had been speaking with Jacob wasn't there at that moment. He had a very sad face. We got off the boat and the girl appeared behind us scaring me to death.

"For you," she said to Jacob and gave him a calling card.

There were two options, the underworld was trapped in the 80s or that girl was some kind of monster.