𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞

tw for sa in the next few chapters. the act itself isn't described, but its heavily implied and there is buildup

all of their interactions would technically happen in Illyrian, but I'm not about to write the next three chapters in Spanish.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

song of the chapter: in the night by the weeknd

"she was young and she was forced to be a woman"

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

        When my eyes fluttered open, I was in a room I'd never been in. I wasn't wearing any clothing. I felt the soreness between my legs and was suddenly sick to my stomach.

        The awful dread only grew when I realized how much my wings hurt. I reached up to them, noticing that they were bandaged. The realization hit me like a brick.

He had clipped my wings.

My breaths were suddenly too fast and I was shaking. I threw up over the edge of the bed.

"You'll have to clean that up," Demetri mused he entered the room. "Unless you've forgotten how this works."

"Where am I?" I questioned, glancing around desperately.

"Our house," he answered, smoothing his dark hair back.

"Ours?" I whispered, furrowing my eyebrows.

"Yes," he replied. "Just the two of us. No one around for miles." 

"No," I shook my head, tears forming in my eyes. "You murdered my daughter. I would rather die than be your whore again."

"Let me remind you that you went with me willingly," he recalled.

"You threatened to kill my brother!" I exclaimed.

         He swiftly struck me across the face. I did not even whimper. I would not give him the satisfaction.

"Don't raise your voice at me," he warned. "Do I have to remind you what happened last time you ran your mouth?" I didn't dare glance down at my scarred hands.

"The last time we met, I nearly killed you," I reminded him, narrowing my eyes.

"You had your powers then," he recalled, though his eyes flickered with fear at the memory. Good. "You won't be able to leave this house, so don't try."

"If I can't leave the house, why did you clip my wings?" I nearly growled. He let out a dry laugh.

"After what your brothers did to my brother and me, we did not fly for nearly a century," he recounted. "It seemed a suitable punishment for you. Unfortunately, there are no healers available, so I doubt you'll fly again."

       I stared at him, refusing to accept that as a fact. Rhysand and Cassian both taught me to fly once I'd had Luna. 

      I loved to fly. I'd taught Luna when she was only two, and we would fly together every night for the next ten years. The thought of never flying again hurt me so deeply, I couldn't stand it.

       I had a dagger when he winnowed us away. Now I had no clothes and no dagger. I was going to kill him. I just had to be careful about it.

"You deserved what my brothers did to you," I whispered. "After what you did to me, Luna, and Azriel. You deserved it."

"Poor Azriel would never have gotten his hands burnt if you had just obeyed me," he sighed. I glared at him, though that guilt that had never gone away crept up my spine.