𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖋𝖔𝖗𝖙𝖞-𝖋𝖔𝖚𝖗

if you accuse me of stealing the lysandra/evangeline storyline, you're right but HOW DARE YOU

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"I have Solstice decorations," Cassian announced as he got home the next evening.

"If I know you, you're going to do an amazing job decorating," I scoffed, pinching the bridge of my nose.

"Fuck off, Feyre will help," he grinned. 

"Language," I scolded, glaring at him.

"She isn't even in here," he insisted, glancing around to make sure.

"She's getting dressed," I said with an exasperated sigh. "The walls are thin."

     As if on cue, the door to her bedroom opened, and Saphira came out in the new dress I'd bought her. It was green velvet, with a white silk sash around the waist. She also wore white stockings and black boots. I had curled her blonde hair and put half of it up in a black ribbon.

"I'm going to celebrate the Solstice with my family, back at our home," I had explained to her. "You can stay in my room, or you can join us."

"How many people are gonna be there?" she asked quietly.

"Well, there's my three brothers," I recalled. "You already met one of them. Two of my brothers have mates that will be there. Rhys's mate has two sisters. Az and his wife have a daughter. His wife has two other kids, a male and a female. And my cousin and two family friends. Only five males. Three of them are my brothers, one is my nephew, and the other is very kind."

"Your brothers," she replied. I nodded. "They won't hurt me. They're your brothers." She seemed to be convincing herself of the fact.

"They would never hurt you," I swore, kneeling down to her level and stroking her hair back. "But if you're uncomfortable at any time, I'll take you to my room and stay with you there."

     She nodded. There were still a few bruises staining her arms. The dress I bought her would cover them. I could tell she was self conscious of them.

"Do you speak the common Fae tongue?" I asked her.

"A little bit," she replied. "I understand it better than I speak it."

"Good."

"You look so pretty," I said as she stepped over to us. She blushed, but a slight smile stretched upon her features.

"Do you think your family will like me?" she wondered, leaning against me. I wrapped an arm around her.

"They'll love you," Cassian promised her with a smile. She hid her face in my side, and I rubbed soothing circles on her back.

"He's right, Saphira," I insisted. "They will."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

     Cassian went in first with the decorations while I stood outside the Town House with Saphira. She was gripping my hand tight enough to cause pain, but I let her.

"Are you ready?" I asked quietly. She stared ahead for a second, but eventually nodded. "Let me know if you're uncomfortable, okay?" She nodded again.

"You call that a decoration?" Feyre was saying when we walked in.

"A heap of pine in the middle of the floor is Night Court tradition," Cassian smirked.

   Indeed, he had thrown all the pine on the floor of the entry.