Chapter 15

The sun is just setting when I get to mom's house. Even though dad's house is the house I have lived in since I was born, I feel more comfortable in mom's.

"Mom?" I call out. It's a Saturday night, so I wouldn't be surprised if she wasn't home. And sure enough, I find a note in the kitchen, telling me that she's out with friends again.

Emily is always at a friends house. She doesn't like staying at mom's, just like I don't like staying at dad's.

I head to my room and set my bag down next to the last few unpacked boxes. I had packed up half of my stuff to move to mom's, but I just never got around to unpacking it.

My room is pretty bare. The house itself is bare. It's  only a one story house, the dull painting was kept the same and mom never bothered to decorate. All she had categorized as decorations was left at dad's house.

I choose to take a quick nap. It isn't like there was anyone home anyone. But then my phone went off.

From: James
Hey I'm not busy now if you want to hang out to make up for yesterday.

I ponder upon the offer for a few minutes. I never have been home alone with a boy before, and I'm not sure how mom would feel about it. But then again, she is the one who left me home alone without warning.

To: James
Yeah sure. I'm at my mom's house btw

From: James
K, be there in a few ;)

~~~~~

I wait by the front door until I see James's car pull up outside. I back away from the porch, making sure it doesn't seem like I was waiting for him or anything. But when he knocks, I quickly run to answer it.

"Hey." I greet, stepping aside to let him in.

"Hey." He replies, looking around.

"Pretty quiet here." He chuckles.

"Yeah, my mom's not home. And Emily's out to, so I have the place to myself for a bit." I explain.

"So, we're alone?" He inquires.

"Yeah, alone." I respond. He smirks, taking a few steps closer to me.

"Good. I like alone." He says.