Chapter 2

"Did James seriously buy you a smoothie?" Emily asks with disgust.

"Yeah, I didn't want him to. But he insisted." I reply.

"Just look at him over there." Stephanie sighs, shaking her head and gesturing to James who was flirting with some B Troupe girls.

"So, what are everyone's plans for this weekend?" Michelle asks, stirring her drink.

But while they began sharing their plans, I focused my attention on James and the B Troupe girls. They giggled and blushed at his words like idiots.

No matter what James says to me, there is no way I'm going to turn into them.

~~~~

"We're home!" Emily calls out once we entered the home of our dad's house.

Our parents divorced a couple years ago. Long story short, my dad cheated on my mom. Emily may have forgiven him, but I haven't. Emily was always closer with him, while I shared a stronger bond with my mom. And seeing how badly he hurt her, hurt me. Our relationship is far from the average father daughter relationship.

"Hey girls." My dad says cheerfully, exiting the kitchen. "How was dance?"

"Great. Emily replies, giving him a hug. I stand awkwardly with my arms crossed.

"How about you Ri?" He asks, smiling at me.

"Fine." I mutter before stomping up to my room, shutting the door behind me. I took out my phone and called my mom. I rang three times before she answered.

"Hi Riles." My mom'a comforting voice says from the other line.

"Hey mom." I sigh.

"Is everything alright honey?" She asks.

"Yeah I guess. Do I have to stay at dad's this weekend?" I ask.

"We've been over this numerous times. When it's my time to have you and Em, you have to stay with me and vice versa when it comes to your dad." She replies.

"I know." I sigh.

"Honey, I need to go. I'm going out with the girls tonight." She replies.

"Again?" I inquire. I was getting worried about my mom. She has been really sad lately, and her solution is drinking.

"Yeah, but I'll talk to you later. I love you." She tells me.

"I love you too." I sigh.