Chapter 4

"That's good enough." Kate sighs when practice finally comes to an end. I know she was talking about me. I'm just not on my game today.

"Hey Ri, I'm going to Steph's for the night. Do you want me to drive you home first?" Emily asks.

"No, I'll walk." I reply.

"Okay, I'll see you tomorrow."

She gives me a sisterly hug and then leaves with Stephanie. Well, I might as well start walking.

I'm not even two feet out of the building when I hear footsteps running up behind me. Low and behold, it's James.

"Mind if I walk you home?" He asks.

"I'd rather if you didn't." I reply.

"C'mon. It's not like I'm gonna kill you." He chuckles.

"You don't even know where I live." I mutter.

"Yes I do." He replied smugly.

"I moved." I reply sharply.

"Oh yeah, that's right! Your parents got a divorce. Your dad cheated on your mom, right?" He questions.

"I don't want to talk about it!" I snap at him.

"Okay, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hit a nerve." He says.

"Well you did!" I yell before I stomp away.

~~~~

"I hate him." I mutter under my breath as I slam the front door shut, making it as loud as I can. Sarah pokes her blonde head of hair from around the corner.

"Someone's in a mood." She sighs. I ignore her and stomp up the stairs.

"What's wrong sweetie?" She asks.

"Leave me alone." I growl. But being the little nitwit she is, she follows me anyway.

"Is it boy troubles?" She asks. I throw my bag on my bed.

"I can help you if you want!" She says excitedly.

"I don't need any of your help." I snap.

"Oh don't be so grouchy! I can buy you a new wardrobe, do your make up! I'll do it way better than however your mom taught you! You can look just like me!" She exclaims.

"Don't talk about my mom! You're not my mom, you never will be, and I wish you would stay out of my life!" I yell at her. Her deep blue eyes fill with tears. But she deserved it. She has no right talking about my mom, and cutting into my business.

"Okay then." She says sadly before exiting my room.