Episode 2; The Overseers' HQ

I don't remain in the dark, cold, and calming void for long as the void fills with harsh light and I eventually see a strange human on the ground, some sort of mutant. I dropped my weapon as I saw the figure stand up.

He stood for a moment until I blinked and felt a heavy, heavy blow dealt to me. As I open my eyes I see a golden rope wrap around the mutant and lift him into the air, I see Whiplash bring the mutant closer to him, seemingly to interrogate him, I see a tendril, not metal but fleshy and black, almost dripping with some black liquid, creeping behind the mutant. A wolf is beside me, asking me if the blow hurt like hell... I think.

"WHIPLASH!" I recognize that the wolf beside me is Mr. Wolfe, he shouts in an almost distorted voice, I look at him reaching out to the hero. I look back to the tower and I see that black tendril embedded into the hero's abdomen, blood, trickling down and pooling onto the ground far below them. The golden ropes that hold both the hero and terrorist stable and in place disintegrate, Me and Mr. Wolfe run to Whiplash, and I stumble along the way, accidentally dropping my ID.

"CLAY!" Mr. Wolfe shouts as quietly as he can as I stand about three feet away. Watching this exchange in silence... I attain the courage to move my feet toward them.

"The plan..." Whiplash coughs up blood as I kneel beside him, The mutant is still in the air, however, he is restrained in gold ropes. "I'll get you to Bona, she'll...she'll..." The Glitch says, his voice cracking although it is deep, he's knelt on the ground and is punching it, I can see cracking on the cement under his fist. "If only... if..."

"The student has surpassed its mentor, hasn't he?!" The mutant, identified as a male through his voice, cackles in a high, hyena-like although he is human, voice. He's sprawled on the ground, laughing... I looked at it... its eyes were that of a goat's, arms and claws of an alligator, and harpy eagle talons for feet, its face was not animal-like even though it had goat eyes and horns.

I notice Mr. Wolfe look at him briefly before he's gone and the mutant as well by the time Whiplash instructs me to approach him, I approach Whiplash slowly. "Fret not, Mr. Castro, I have but two things I request of you." I lean in closer, he coughs up more blood. "Get rid of this mask, would you?" I do as he asks and notice a gold-colored flame emerge from his side not noticing that one of the pillar heroes of this city was our class' advisor. "H-hey, buddy, how're ya doin'?" The gold flame nuzzles the hero. I analyze the wound in his abdomen... it looks like the flesh is necrotic... disintegrating almost, "Don't bother, my time's up." He's bleeding too much. "Here, bring this to Bona, this is my final request to you, as your teacher."

Something slips into my right pocket, "How can he say all this with a smirk on his face..." I thought to myself as I realized who Whiplash was... along with Mr. Glitch, my thoughts were cut however when I noticed that a certain number of people had gathered around us. 

"Don't say that!" I hear a deep but distorted voice shout. I noticed everyone was watching until we were in a dome of black and Mr. Wolfe was beside us with the weird mutant tied up in a black rope and seemed to be having a seizure of sorts. "DON'T FUCKING SAY THAT!" Tears fall from Mr. Wolfe's face as he examines his co-hero...? "I'll take you to Bona, I'm sure she's got something that'll heal you for sure!" The wolf shouts through tears.

"Here, send this to Bona, I'm sure she'll tell you everything about it..."

"Mr. Nocturne?" I asked, examining the wound in his abdomen.

"Clay... Clay Martin Y. Nocturne... nice to finally meet you as the real me... take care of my buddy here... for me..." He coughs up blood. "This is my last request... put the mask back on..."

Silence... as I put his mask back on, the small flame goes to my side and near my other hand.
"Hey... buddy...?" The small flame nuzzles my hand, it feels warm, and it feels like the small entity is... crying.
I put the mask back on as I feel something slip into my pockets, I turn to Mr. Wolfe... he's still crying... I hear the other heroes of the city arrive... "Wait...where's Vlad?"