Episode 4; Wolfes

The room gains its colour back, I didn't even notice that noon is past and it is now the afternoon. Connor is still missing, I've been cooped up in this room, and I just had two spirits talk to me... My day has been eventful...

I shoot Connor another text;

[Vlad]: "It's past lunchtime already, you're not responding... did something happen?"

As I shoot the message, I walk over to the window that looks onto the campus. The black hemisphere isn't there anymore, the Avis Ignis Vivi clock tower at the centre is destroyed... mostly... one of its clock hands is on the ground pointing directly to the Earth, the glass of the tower is shattered, a room is exposed, and the foot of the tower is a mess.

"So... one of Ead's abilities is to focus... for how long?"

"The hard limit is 1 song then it has to rest for a few minutes, I mean, he slows down time or you after all," Damascus says, he sounds sure. "Ead's asleep at the moment, I have something to discuss with you..."

I feel a hand placed on my shoulder, it feels cold, I turn around to see the fleshy red figure, he's still taller than me and far more muscular, his body frame is much like Papa's, the only obvious difference is species that he takes, it's a timber wolf much like part of my family.

"You're tensed up unconsciously, you're worried about Connor, yes?"

"First few hours the two of you have been with me and you already know me so well!"

"You are our bearer so we'll need to know as much about you, but we'll shut ourselves off when you get intimate with anybody... so... any more questions before we get to what we need to discuss?" He folds his arms and walks to the couch, he summons a red reading chair and sits in it. "Sit on the couch, you'll need it if you faint."

I sit on the couch as he brings out a book. "I have a few questions floating around, I want to ask why the room didn't desaturate..."

"It's simple, the room didn't desaturate because it wasn't territory for us wisps, if you want to know, the wisps in Korea called the desaturated environment which does have a radius or area depending on the type of "Boundary..." They call territory "Boundary," it's common for a wisp's language to adapt to the bearer's native language, so when the first core wisp in Korea bonded with their bearer, the translations became what they are now, each language a different term for different terms." Damascus says, while reading his book, he closes it and asks, "Any more?"

"What is this territory?" I ask the red wolf, his top is still off and only hangs tied to his waist, it did seem awkward that he's topless, but we continue nonetheless.

"Territory is where us wisps can exist without desaturating the area, think of it as a cleansed area from any evil, territory does fade over time but it takes a decade for it to fade, territory allows for us wisps to be able to move freely, use our abilities without need of a vessel, talk with our bearers freely, and appear to other bearers while masking from non-bearers." He explains, that the

I stare at him for a short while, "What's Ead's true capability?"
Silence fills the room as he summons another book and reads it...

"Ead has no records due to his new name, but, if I may..." He summons a very old-looking book, opens it, he reads it aloud, "This book is from the ancient records of wisps, there is a similar wisp in history to Ead, and you're not going to like him...

"His name is Gui, which sounds like "Guy" but is spelled with an "I" instead, he can make life seem like a simulation in many ways, one of the ways would be applying a blue visor to his bearer's head, covering the eyes. This visor can be seen by all, but the bearer's true identity is masked, he was able to make the bearer focus on targets and when shooting projectiles, slow down time, he was also able to help his bearer navigate in dark places by summoning a floating map that the bearer could see even in the darkest of spaces... his last record was with a bearer named Marquis, after that, there was nothing...