Epilogue

It has been five months since Gwen's death. Five months since Peter lost the only person who truly loved and cared about him. Five months since Peter lost the love of his life. Five months since Spiderman stopped helping the city

Ever since Gwen's death, Peter constantly left the house at random times to visit Gwen's grave. He thinks that I and Mum don't know that. But we do. 

Every time I think of Gwen, my hatred towards Harry grows stronger. When I received the news that he was alive I felt angry. Why someone like him would remain alive meanwhile Gwen loses her life? 

Peter and I were sitting in the dining room eating breakfast while the tv was playing the news. "Russian gangster Aleksei Sytsevich was broken out of a classified penitentiary known simply as the Vault by an unknown team of men. It's yet another example of increased criminal activity since the disappearance of Spiderman five months ago," the news reporter announced on the tv. "The web slinger's absence has left a hole in the heart of the city. Believe it or not, even the New York City Police Department has joined the chorus of New Yorkers in hoping for the return of the web-slinger. The entire world seems to be asking the same question, 'Where is Spiderman?' " 

Peter turned off the tv and continued eating his cereal. Mum was putting some of Dad's stuff in boxes. "Too bad about that Spider guy. Too bad he's disappeared. Seems like everybody needs him," Mum added. Peter grabbed his bowl of cereal and stood up from the dining table to leave. 

Mum turned her head towards Peter's direction, "Where you going?"

"Just- eat my cereal," he mumbled. 

"Peter. Where you going?" Mum questioned him for the second time. Peter stopped in his tracks and let out a breath. Then turned around to face Mum. 

"I don't know," he muttered. 

Mum took off her glasses. "You know, it's so funny. I've been- I've been trying to clean up around here, get organized, and been putting some of Ben's stuff in boxes. And it's so funny, the heavier the box gets, the lighter I feel," Mum advised Peter while holding up the box for Peter to see. 

"You're throwing his stuff away?" 

"No. No God, no. I couldn't do that. It's part of me. I'm just finding a better place for it. I'm gonna take one last look and gonna put it where it belongs," Mum finished. Peter put his bowl on the dining table, kissed Mum on the forehead, and went to his room shutting the door behind him. 

I put Peter's and my bowls in the sink and hugged Mum. "I love you, Mum." 

"I love you too, sweetie," Mum murmured before kissing my forehead. 

"Do you need help with anything, Mum?" 

"No, I'm almost done sweetie, but thanks for asking." 

Promptly, both of us heard a knock on the door. "Will you get that, sweetheart?" 

"Of course." I walked to the front door and looked through the peephole to see a man wearing a hat and a black suit standing outside. First I questioned whether I should open the door or not. Then he knocked on the door again. I reluctantly opened the door. 

"Maria Parker?" he asked in a deep voice. 

I crossed my arms, "That's me." 

"An inmate from Ravencoft Institution requested your visit," he answered and handed me an envelope. I looked at the envelope and then looked back up at him. 

"What if I don't visit this inmate?" I told him without any emotion in my voice whatsoever. 

"I recommend you do. Maybe whatever this inmate has to say is important." The mysterious man turned on his heels and walked a short distance, "After all, inmates at Ravencoft are being taught to change for the better."