Chapter 4

I was wearing a red dress that was made of silk material on the inside and covered with black laced patterns on the outside. (^Maria's outfit^)

I put on eyeliner and mascara for a mysterious look and started working on my hair. I took time on my hair because I wanted it to look perfect.

I heard a knock at the door when I was fixing my hair. Then, I heard Harry's voice.

I finished up my hair and grabbed my black clutch and Doc Martens on the way downstairs.

Harry stopped mid-conversation with Peter when he noticed me ascending the stairs. He admired me for a moment.

"Wow. You look...." he was speechless. Harry Osborn was speechless.
"Beautiful," I finished for him smiling. He stretched his hand for me and I got a hold of it.
Peter breathed out. "I need you home by twelve, no later than that."
"Will do. Shall we Maria?"
"We shall."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We stepped outside to see a roofless Mercedes-Benz waiting for us

We stepped outside to see a roofless Mercedes-Benz waiting for us. He opened the passenger door for me and after I stepped in, he followed and closed the door.

Harry drove off and the apartment got smaller and smaller from a distance. The night sky blew high with stars and distant lights from the city.

"So....where are you taking me?" Examining his facial structure and crystal blue eyes.

"La Grenouille."

"Harry that wasn't-" Before I could continue I was interrupted by him.
"Consider it my gift to you," he answered smiling. Not a fake one, but indeed a genuine one.

I admired the New York City view in front of me. It was beautiful. All the dancing, people, music and lights. I poked my head out to the side of the car to breathe the fresh cold air from the outer side of the car.

I felt an arm wrap around my waist, which made me poke my head back inside the car. Then he proceeded to gently pull me towards him.

Before we knew it we arrived at our destination and got off the car, making our way towards the restaurant.

We got seated by one of the waiters and ordered our drinks.

"So Maria tell me a little about yourself."
"I'm eighteen, going to turn nineteen in November."
"Have you thought about how you're going to celebrate your birthday yet?" Harry asked me leaning towards me.
"No, haven't thought of it." Harry slowly reached for my hand across the table.
"Well maybe we should plan it," he grabbed my hand across the table but I retracted my hand from the table leaving Harry confused.
"Do you always do that?" I asked crossing my arms.
"Do what?" Harry was utterly confused.
"Shag in front of every woman," I raised my brows.
"I only do that to women that I'm actually interested in," he answered my question without hesitation.

We finished up our meals and conversation and left the restaurant. Harry drove me back home.

He opened the car door for me and I got out. I made my way towards the benches outside the door and sat down.
"That was wonderful," I looked at Harry making his way towards me and sitting next to me.
"Anything for you," he smiled at me.
"Oh really?" I questioned him. 
"Really," he said brushing his nose against mine.

There was a moment of silence between us. We were studying each other's faces. I turned my face away, but he brought his hand up to gently grab my chin and make me face him.
"May I?" He whispered.
"You may," I closed my eyes and I felt him closing the space between us. His hand was grabbing the back of my neck. The kiss was very passionate. I slowly wrapped both of my arms around his neck. I smiled during the kiss.

I pulled away after a few seconds. I took out my phone to see the time. It read eleven-thirty. I'm thirty minutes early.
"How does getting lunch together tomorrow sound?" He asked me sounding desperate as ever.
"I'll think about it," I replied smirking like a devil. I walked up to the door and opened it.

Peter dashed downstairs after hearing the door open.
"You're early!" He said looking at this watch.
"Hell, I am," I replied taking off my shoes.
"I'm going head out then," Harry said catching up behind me. Before he left he gave me a quick peck, and I shut the door behind me after he made it to his car.
"What was that?"
"What was what?" I asked acting innocent.
"That! The kiss," Peter said looking at me.
"Oh please, may I remind you that you and Gwen kiss all the time in front of me," I said smiling, and poured myself some tea. Peter raised his arms in defense. I turned to him and playfully rolled my eyes.
"Where's mum anyway?" I asked taking a sip of my tea.
"Working late at the hospital."
"Since when does mum work at the hospital?"
"She is helping me get into college."
"Oh. Yeah," I nodded at this response. Mum is too sweet for this world.
"Well, I gotta get to bed. I have work tomorrow," I rinsed my cup and placed it on the drying crate for dishes.
"You mean another date," Peter teased. I threw his sock that was on the staircase at him. He laughed. I rolled my eyes. "Night Peter." I went into my room and shut the door behind me. I put on my comfy pajamas and went to the bathroom to brush my teeth and do my skincare. I turned on my desktop light and took my book out of my bookshelf and continued reading where I left off.

I read for a while until I noticed my alarm read one-thirteen. Oh shit, I am supposed to be asleep. I put the book back on the shelf and turned off the light.