Chapter 4

"Captain!" Pisti called from the crows nest. Sinbad glanced up from his wheel before sighing and handing it off to Hinahoho. He made his way up to the crows nest where Pisti was, Spartos sitting by her side reading a book. The blonde handed her spyglass to the captain, to which he looked out where she pointed.

In the far distance he saw ships guarding the coast of the Rem Empire. Hah, so they anticipated they'd take this way.

He handed the spyglass back.

"Looks like we've been cornered," Sinbad murmured, turning back to his crew who had gathered below. "The Partevia empire seems to have tried to blockade us. That does not mean we'll be put down. This just means that we'll have to take our plan B route."

The crew all saluted Sinbad with a "yes sir!" and immediately got to work.

...

Sinbad sighed, walking into his room as the crew worked on turning the ship towards the Singing Den. They'd come down that path once before when they were trying to escape from the Kou Empire. Ahem... don't ask what happened last time they were there.

He laid down on his bed, groaning when his head hit the headboard. He needs to get this ship remodeled, since he's grown so much since the time he bought it. Rubbing his head, Sin stood again and started looking over his map on his wall. He pointed to where the ship was, then where the Partievan ships were located on Reim's border, and finally to the Singing Den. He huffed.

"About half a day if we run into no problems," he said to himself, only to hear a hum behind him. Quickly, Sinbad turned around to see Jafar standing behind him with a smirk.

"Seems Cylan caught up faster than expected for our dear Captain." He teased, leaning against the wall next to the map and crossing his arms. Sinbad huffed again and crossed his own arms.

"I thought you wanted to steer away from him?" He asked. Jafar's smirk dropped.

"Of course. I'm just being a tease," he said, walking around Sin. He pulled some of his braids into his hand, smiling once more. "They've stayed, good." Then, he looked at the map. "We're traveling to the Singing Den, are we?"

"Yes," Sinbad answers, pointing at the spot with rocks. "It's going to be dangerous, so I ask you to stay inside."

Jafar huffed at that, turning to Sinbad to pout. "Am I that fragile to you?"

"No, it's just..." Sinbad closed his eyes as he rubbed his temples. "Ugh. You don't know what's in there. You'll get effected right away."

"By what? The sirens?"

Sinbad's eyes jumped up as Jafar's smirk returned. He was sitting on Sin's desk now.

"How? I thought you-"

"A few years trapped in a tower and you get really curious about the outside world. I memorized every map I ever saw. Including the studies about Sirens. Trust me, I'll wear my earplugs." He says the last part in a whisper.

Sinbad groans as he watches Jafar stand and walk to the door.

"We're all animals at heart, aren't we, hm?" He says with a laugh before closing the door behind him. Sin sighed, looking over at the map again.

...

"Sinbad," Drakon called from the upper deck later that day. Sin immediately sprung up and got up to the deck, seeing the Singing Den up ahead. Even from here, he could hear those filthy voices. "Your orders?"

"Everyone put in their earplugs. We'll use sign language for the time being." He instructed, plugging his ears with his earplugs. Immediately all sounds became fuzzy.