Chapter 1

Sinbad wasn't too keen on breaking and entering, but what other choice did they have to gain this so called weapon? Currently, he was with his two most trusted crew members, Mytras and Piprika. They road through a forest into where in the distance, there was a tower in sight. With the others keeping the guards back at the main palace occupied, the trio would go to the far tower and search for the rumored weapon. "Sin, it's too late to turn back now." Piprika inquired, picking up the speed on her horse.

"I know, I know. You sure are serious today, ya know." Sinbad countered, speeding up as well. Piprika let out a sigh as she rolled her eyes.

"Of course I am. We're storming into the palace of Partevia and going around the backside to steal a weapon that if Ceylan has he could destroy empires and even worse, reck the rule of the world." Piprika flipped her braid back, it flipping around as she sped up even more. "Follow me." Mystras and Sinbad both nodded, taking a sharp right turn after her.

"You're a lot less talkative today, Mystras." Sin tried to make small talk, like always. He always tries to make small talk, especially during big missions like these. It's just his way of trying to keep things in a positive light. If the pirates captain lost his light, then the rest of the crew would too. Mystras was at the back of the trio's line. He smiled.

"I wanted the lovers to have their moment." He responded, smirking. He eyed Piprika, who clearly tensed up in anger and embarrassment.

"Shut up, Mystras! Besides, you already know the type of people I'm into!" Mystras let go of his horses' reins, setting his elbows gently on his horse's neck to not hurt it, his palms letting his chin rest on them. It was clear he and his horse trusted each other enough to do this. He hummed.

"Mhm~ and who would that be exactly?" He asked, which gained an embarrassed groan from the former.

"I'll just let this lovers quarrel carry out." Sinbad murmured in the background.

"You of course!! We've been together for months now!" Mystras hummed again and nodded. He seemed to like that answer.

Once the lovers quarrel or whatever that was over with, they finally made it to the tower. Sinbad got off of his horse first, circling it to find a way inside. Yet, he didn't see anyway up except the closed window from the highest story. "So... how are we supposed to get up there?" He asked his friends, who both shrugged. Piprika put her hand under her chin, thinking. After a silent moment, her eyes glistened, which meant she had an idea. Quickly, she went searching through her satchel and threw Sin some rope.

"Hold that." She practically ordered the man, who obeyed. The blue haired girl then turned to the red-haired boy. "Give it." She motioned for something, and Mystras nodded as he searched through his bag. He pulled out a hook and handed it to Piprika. She walked to Sinbad, taking the rope and tying it around the hook safely. "Now we just have to worry about getting the hook up to that window. And how to get the window open." Mystras placed his hand over Piprika's shoulder.

"Leave that to me." He said with confidence. Gently, he placed his hands on the ground, staying there for a moment before lifting his hand up. The rush brought a flash of wind so hard that it rattled the lock on the window, opening it with force. Sinbad and Piprika both just smirked instead of having shocked faces.

"There's our overconfident Mystras." Sin commented. "I'll go up there by myself. If guards come," The purple haired man turned to the red-haired boy, "Mystras, you know what to do." He nodded, saluting his captain. Sinbad smiled back, before turning to Piprika. "Take care of each other down here." The latter pushed Sin slightly, blushing just slightly.

"Just go already." She mumbled, staring down at her feet. Sin should've expected that. He shrugged it off, throwing the hook up to the window. It hooked onto it, allowing Sinbad to carefully scale up the tower. As he grew higher from the land below him, Mystras and Piprika made sure to be there just in case he fell. Truly, he needs to thank those two one of these days. Once he got inside and made sure there was no one there to capture or kill him, he gave the two a thumbs up. Mystras gave a thumbs up back while Piprika shooed him off. And off he went. He searched through the room, which was quite small. There was a small kitchen with a small table with one chair at it. A barrel of dirty water and used dishes gave the indication to the golden eyed man that there was someone living here. It was also evident since there was a pile of papers on a desk near the kitchen area, one of the pages with newly written ink. Sinbad read through it carefully.