𝟎𝟏𝟕, a really good piece

S P A R K S F L Y

chapter SEVENTEEN! 💌

( "a really good piece." )

— social media + real life —

*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*

INSTAGRAM! — 🍓

anniethemusical followed theoriginalsodakid back!

REAL LIFE! — 🍓

the sour mood annie had acquired whilst at her grandma's house yesterday still lingered as she stepped into school, her lips cast downwards into a very prominent frown.

she couldn't quite believe her grandma had said all of her thoughts, specifically the ones she'd buried deep down, out loud, the idea of her hatred for chris slowly developing into other, scarier feelings something she hadn't quite grasped. i mean, she'd just been dumped, for god's sake!

lucas monroe had just broke things off with her, and whilst this wasn't a major loss for annie, she still felt like she deserved to go through the usual post-breakup routine, which, in annie's eyes, was not even thinking about re-entering the dating world until her first year of college.

yet here she was, having to work in close proximity with another man, and, because the universe was clearly against annie, that man just so happened to be the player of the school. naturally, annie was inclined to hate him, which at first had seemed fine, and wasn't testing any of the post-breakup rules she'd set for herself, but now, as annie's grandma had correctly established, those feelings of hatred were turning into something else.

feeling anything but hatred towards chris sturniolo was not what she'd planned when she'd started working on his profile, and the gnawing in the pit of her stomach when she looked into his eyes had definitely not been on her cards when mrs charley had given her this project.

that gnawing feeling had given way last night though, as annie'd sat in the car on the way home from her grandma's, the sound of the tyres peacefully rolling along the highway, and the faint crackle of the radio pushing her closer to her decision.

she'd ended up following chris back on her spam. now, this may seem insignificant to most people, but for annie, who'd sworn that after she'd unfollowed him for his dry ass comment on her sleepover post she wouldn't hit the follow back button ever again, this was a pretty big deal. annie's hatred for chris had been deep rooted since that moment, so, in a way, a follow back was slowly dissolving that hatred.

annie shook her head, focusing her attention back on the piece of paper clutched in her hands as she ambled through the corridors in the direction of mrs charley's classroom. the first draft had to be handed back in today at the latest, in order for feedback to be handed out, and amendments to be made. mrs charley was also eager to give criticism, but annie was hoping that her profile didn't need too much work doing to it.