𝟎𝟏𝟒, kicked out

★  S P A R K S   F L Y

chapter FOURTEEN! 💌

( "kicked out." )

— real life —

*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*

REAL LIFE! — 🍓

the day annie had been dreading since tuesday finally rolled around... saturday. completing the rest of the draft day. seeing chris day. she'd arrived at the library around 15 minutes ago, to make sure that she herself wasn't late. chris, on the other hand, was nowhere to be seen.

she picked up her phone to check the time for what seemed like the millionth time in the past few minutes. still, it read 1:05pm, which meant one thing, and one thing only.

chris was late.

of course he was! annie didn't expect any less from the boy. but, what annoyed her the most is that she was taking time out of her day to speak to him, and he couldn't even be bothered to show up.

she exhaled, leaning backwards on her chair, and scanning the library; it was peaceful in there, the beams of sunlight streaming through the arched windows allowing serenity to wash over annie, and the few other people milling around the endless shelves of books. the subtle sound of keyboards clicking, and shuffling feet made her smile — she felt at home here, as if in her own little world.

not even chris' comment on her instagram post, which had been swimming round her mind since friday, could disturb the tranquility within somerville public library at that very moment.

annie moved her attention back to the sports personality profile profile — it was 3/4 finished, with gaps in the writing to accommodate the incomplete questions. yes, chris did have to answer them, but it wouldn't take too long. therefore, chris would only have to hassle her for about 20 minutes tops, before he'd be on his way, and annie could finish the first draft in peace, with the sound of her playlist the only thing keeping her company.

the thought of chris not sticking around long brought a smile to annie's face, which quickly faded as she checked the time again. 1:10pm. 5 minutes had passed, and still no sign of sturniolo. typical.

she lifted her head to scan the library once again, the librarian now the only person in the vicinity except her: chris had taken so long to fucking show up, all the people who'd been looking at books had left. annie rolled her eyes, sinking further down into her chair. maybe she could just... rest for a little while. the library was the perfect environment for a power nap whilst she waited for chris.

but, just as her eyes were closing, annie's bubble of calm was popped by the sound of the door crashing against the wall. she snapped her head up, as did the librarian, to see him walking into the main foyer, looking as if he'd woken up minutes ago.

chris' shirt was creased, his hair sticking up in all the wrong places, and his eyes puffy, as if running off of 3 hours of sleep. yet still, upon seeing her, he managed to maintain that grin, the one that annie despised so much.