𝟎𝟏𝟔, sounds like love to me

S P A R K S F L Y

chapter SIXTEEN! 💌

( "sounds like love to me." )

— real life —

*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*

REAL LIFE! — 🍓

the car was too warm, and annie felt suffocated in her dress, the seatbelt cutting into the side of her neck. she and her dad were on their way to rhode island to visit her grandma, and if annie was being honest, she felt like she'd been in the car for days.

patch was in the back, in his dog cage, and despite them pulling over around 10 minutes ago to feed him and stretch his legs, the beagle was whining again, loud enough to drown out the song that was currently on the radio.

although, annie wasn't complaining about that factor too much — her dad had the country music radio on, after an hour long debate with his daughter over who got aux. her dad's argument in the end had been that he couldn't stand listening to 1989 on repeat one more time, and had swiftly turned the radio on, his head now subtly bobbing along to some carrie underwood song.

so, in retaliation, annie's head was now leaning away from her dad, watching as the world flew by outside her window. as much as she tried to focus on the trip ahead, annie always found her mind wandering back to one thing, and one thing only.

chris.

but, her mind was focusing on one specific thing — how quiet he'd become after resting his hand on hers in the car yesterday. naturally, he'd been in his element throughout the entire hour spent at the library, and her house, with those witty remarks, and casual smirks. he'd even offered to help reverse the car out of the drive, which, although sceptical at first, annie had found really useful.

and then he'd gone silent. chris' hand on top of hers had felt weird to annie. not because she was uncomfortable, but more because she... liked it. she'd felt safe when chris' hand was on her own, and annie hated that.

annie was supposed to hate him, remember? she was supposed to hate him, because, last time she checked, she was certain he was either leading her on, or there was some ulterior motive behind all of this.

however, if chris' player reputation rang true, he would've said something about their close contact, and, in shock contrast, he'd actually shut his mouth for once. this shy response was usually one that gave the message of 'yeah, i kind of like this too', and annie felt weird knowing that chris could possibly be trying to communicate that.

maybe she was overthinking all this. yeah, she was definitely overthinking it, because there was no fucking way that chris had actual feelings for her. he got a kick out of leading girls on, and that was final.

the car jolted to the right, pulling annie out of her chris infused thoughts, and allowing to focus on the fact they were now off the highway, and about 10 minutes away from her grandma's house. annie sighed, her eyes now on the middle of the road. the last thing she wanted to do today was visit her grandma, and whilst that may sound incredibly selfish, there was some reasoning behind it.