𝟎𝟎𝟐, not worth my time

S P A R K S   F L Y

chapter TWO! 💌

( "not worth my time." )

— real life —

*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*

REAL LIFE! — 🍰

"you're in my way."

chris sturniolo was definitely in this girl's way. was he going to do anything about it? no.

he continued talking to jackson harris, the lacrosse captain, about upcoming practice, fiddling with the strings on the bottom of his bruins ice hockey jersey. chris needed to know about strategies, and fixtures — they didn't call him 'lacrosse god' for nothing. okay, so maybe lacrosse god was a bit of an exaggeration, but chris was the best player on the team.

in fact, he was kind of pissed that jackson had made captain over him, but coach's reasoning had been that chris wasn't as level-headed. there was some truth in that; chris had hit someone over the head with his lacrosse stick after they'd lost to their rival school last season. but he was the star player, and nothing was going to change that.

"are you deaf?" the girl started harassing him again. "you're in my way."

chris rolled his eyes, turning his body to face evangeline wickes in all her angry glory. chris didn't know the girl personally, but he did in fact know that she'd gone through a break up over spring break; tough luck, but also a perfect opportunity.

"ah, evangeline!" chris' smirk returned. "spring break was pretty shit, then?"

evangeline glared at him. "it's none of your business."

chris pressed on, oblivious to evangeline's fury. "lucas told me you called him an asshole. kinda harsh, if i'm being honest with you."

"it's. none. of. your. business." evangeline hissed, her teeth gritted.

"someone's getting defensive!" chris chuckled, backing away with his hands raised. "chill with the single girl energy already!"

"chris, i'm going to gut you like a fucking salmon. move."

chris' grin faltered, racking his brains for a comeback, only to find his mind void of one. it was rare that a girl wasn't falling head over heels for him; he had that kind of reputation, hence why he was resident school player, and consequently school heartbreaker.

to prove this point, chris had just let down three girls — nims, ava and sophie, at the end of spring break. all three had walked past him in the corridor earlier today, and all three had tried to trip him up. deserved, but it wasn't his fault that they all asked him out to dinner within mere hours of each other.

he'd also spent the entirety of the holiday leading another girl on; it seemed to be a problem for chris, but commitment scared him, and to tell the truth, he hadn't actually liked mara. the prospect that he was talking to a girl made him seem all the more appealing, and popular, in chris' eyes.