Chapter Eleven

Because of the threat to the prince's life, Princess Rhaenyra decided to change the guards for her children. She stations four guards in the nursery room, two Kingsguard, and two Knights from the North who will kill for the Princes.

Rhaenyra appointed Criston Cole directly to Aelora while Viserys assigned Harwin Strong to Rhaenyra. He made sure that the strongest man in the seven Kingdoms would protect his favorite child/heir.

Aelora doesn't mind the changes around but what she hates the most is how Cole follows her literally everywhere. She only manages to sneak out using the underpass from her chamber.

In the middle of the night, Aelora managed to sneak out of her room to the secret room where she would meet up with Daemon. When she entered the room, the man was there waiting impatiently.

Once he notices Aelora he frowns at her.

"You're late." The man said with an indication of annoyance in his voice.

"Shush! Do you know how Ser Cole follows me around!? The man wouldn't even let me read in peace without making sure that the book doesn't have anything that will harm me." Aelora hissed, she only managed to sneak out because it was bedtime.

Daemon sighed.

"This is getting out of hand. I must find out who is the person who wanted to harm my family. Laena will soon give birth to our child." Daemon said walking back and forth.

Aelora sit down on the couch, exhausted. "Sit down! I can't concentrate on you walking back and forth."

Daemon glared at the child for yelling. He took the chair and sat in front of the child. He brought a black small chest and placed it on the table between them.

"I made sure no one will find out about these not even Mysaria knows about this. " The man said and Aelora frowned, She never liked the woman after she told false information about Daemon Rhaenyra.

Daemon opened the chest and revealed five Valyrian Steel Rings with different colors of gems on them. Five different colored diamond headings on it.

Red Diamond, Yellow Diamond, Blue Diamond, Violet Diamond and Black Diamond. The shank of the ring is made of Valyrian Steel and came from the necklace that Aelora gave to Daemon and she could feel the power within it.

"Splendid, you do know how to make things proper!" Aelora backhandedly complimented the man.

Daemon took a deep breath trying to stop himself from hurling the child.

Aelora takes the ring and aligns it properly. She separates the black from the other rings placing it the further back away from the others. Aelora stands up and walks towards the drawer picking up a vial with a clear liquid on it.

"What is that?" Daemon asked.

"Tears of the White Stag," Aelora answered.

"Where did you get that?"

"I am closer to nature than most. I could ask them a favor without anyone noticing. It was an owl that brought me the things I needed without leaving the castle. White Stag is sacred in Westeros and the tears that it gives can prevent calamity." Aelora explained and unlocked the seal of the vial.

She gave each ring one drop and sealed it once again." Do you have a dagger or a knife?"

" Don't you have your own? " The man asked.

Aelora facepalm.

" How can a person be so smart yet so dumb!? I'm 5 for goodness sake. No one would hand me a fucking knife even if I ask to. " Aelora was done.