Chapter Four

Aelora was delighted to hear that the Velaryons were back. She understood that Rhaenyra needed the Velaryons on her side, no matter what happens. However, she also had to find a method to make Rhaenyra and Alicent friends again.

Under the Weirwood tree, Aelora was interrupted by none other than Rickon Stark. Aelora turned to the man, noticing he seemed lost. "Are you alright, Lord Rickon?" she asked.

The man turned to her and smiled. "I might be lost, Princess Aelora."

"I see. Where do you want to go? Maybe I could assist you," Aelora offered, standing up. The man smiled at the child, imagining that once he and Rhaenyra had children of their own, they might resemble her.

"I just wished to see the locale, and I haven't seen my wife since this morning," the man explained. Aelora nodded.

"My sister is presumably at the council meeting or with Syrax. Have you seen her?" Aelora asked, curious if the man had already seen Syrax, since the dragon had been with Rhaenyra at Winterfell.

"I have. I and the Princess rode Syrax once after the wedding. It's a fine adventure," the man shared. "How about you, Little Princess? Where's your dragon?" he asked.

"Mine didn't hatch," Aelora's answer surprised the man. He crouched down to her level.

"I'm sorry about that," he said, and Aelora didn't mind. She could still claim a dragon.

"I don't mind. Rhaenyra always flies with me, so I know the feeling of being up there. She told me that I could still get a dragon when I'm older," Aelora explained, and the man smiled.

"Your sister told me that there's nothing in this world that she would love the same way she loves you," the man stated.

"Once you have children of your own, I doubt that. But I'm fine with it as long as she's happy," Aelora said, which saddened the man. Aelora sometimes overlooked that her words saddened people around her while she just found her utterances ordinary.

"Don't think of that, Princess. Your sister loves you, and you will always be welcome to our family," the man reassured her. Aelora nodded.

"I love my sister. Can you protect her from any harm?" Aelora asked. The man frowned.

"Harm?"

"I'm a child, but I'm not stupid. My sister is the heir to the King, and a lot of people would rebel against a woman on the throne. Protect her at all costs, Lord Rickon. No one else could do that except you," Aelora urged, and the man stared at the Princess.

He would not deny that the marriage between him and Rhaenyra was purely political, but the Princess amazed him. He could see that she genuinely cared for the people, and she would be a good Queen someday.

"I would protect her with my life, Princess," the man promised.

Aelora smiled, and then Rhaenyra entered the place. She was surprised to see them together, but she smiled.

"There you two are," Rhaenyra said, turning to her husband. "Husband, I believe our second wedding will be in a few days," she said with a smile.

Rickon stood up and smiled at Rhaenyra. She walked closer to her husband before kissing him, making Aelora look away in disgust.

"Our second wedding is about to happen, my dear wife," the man whispered to her ear, and Aelora couldn't help but overhear it.

I'm never going to get married.

"Sister, is there a way for us to be in an orphanage?" Aelora's question caught the attention of the two people. She had likely changed the topic.

"Why?" Rhaenyra asked.