Shapeshifters

"Yea I'm staying back over here." Alexis says as she watches Mateo making a potion from a little distance.

"Suit yourself." Mateo says.

"Mateo!" Elena shouts as she comes in almost making Mateo drop the two viles he was holding.

"Hi Elena." Alexis says as she walks over to her.

"Hi. Can you figure out what was on those pages Fiero stole?" Elena asks as Mateo picks up the codex maru.

"This is the last spell in the book.. the pages Fiero took were blank." Mateo says showing Elena the pages.

"So he didn't get away with any spells or..." Elena says.

"That's right. We got lucky. And I've got more good news. I've finally figured out how to shape shift." Mateo says holding a potion.

"Into what!?" Elena asks excited to see what Mateo has come up with.

"You'll see." Mateo says as he then pours some of the potion onto himself and transforms into a brown and tan jaquin.

"Whoa. You look like a real jaquin." Elena says running over to Mateo.

"Watch this.. I can fly!" Mateo says as he then flaps his wings and flies up into the air.

"Hey can I try it?" Elena asks as Alexis shifts to wolf form.

"Sprinkle away." Mateo says as Elena then sprinkles some of the potion onto herself and transforms into a red, blue, tan, and white jaquin before loosing her balance trying to stand on two legs instead of four.

"Careful Elena." Alexis says as she tries to help Elena get used to the transformation.

"Four legs. four legs. I did that the first time too." Mateo says.

"You wanna give this a try Alexis?" Mateo asks.

"Sure why not." Alexis says as she shifts to human form and pours some of the potion onto herself transforming into a jaquin( Alexis looks like the number 2 jaquin in the picture www.deviantart.com/lunethepom/art/Season-Based-Jaquin-Adopts-0-4-CLOSED-623972532 ).

"You'd never know it was me. I could fly right out of the castle and nobody would think twice... this is just what I needed.. now I can go search for Shuriki. I'll find Chief Zephyr at Luna's party and convince him to let me join the search." Elena says as she looks at herself in a mirror.

"There is no way Gabe's going to let you out of the palace." Mateo says.

"Yea Elena your under heavy guard right now." Alexis says.

"Gabe won't even know I'm going. Bye!" Elena says as she takes off flying.

"Wait! Elena stop!" Mateo says as he and Alexis fly after Elena getting her to stop outside the workshop.

"You guys. I owe it to my parents to find Shuriki you understand that right?" Elena asks.

"I do." Mateo says.

"Elena I understand a lot more than anyone about how it feels to want to avenge your parents but you still need to be kept safe." Alexis says.

"So we'll go with you." Mateo says as Elena then nuzzles him and Alexis before turning around accidentally knocking a vase off its stand with her wing as Gabe then comes running in with a sword in hand.

"Elena! Is everything- Who are you and how did you get in the castle!?" Gabe asks as he points his sword at Elena.

"Gabe it's me Elena. Mateo made a shape shifting potion." Elena says.

"Ha! You expect me to believe that?" Gabe asks as Alexis then flies above Elena pouring some of the potion onto her shifting her back to normal.

"It really is you." Gabe says shocked as Alexis lands next to Mateo.