Rise of the Sorceress

"Wow things certainly are festive around here." Alexis says.

"Yep. They always are during the time for the sunflower festival." Mateo says.

"Mateo!" Rita says running over to Alexis and Mateo.

"You got me name right." Mateo says.

"And forgot I'm with Mateo as usual." Alexis says quietly to herself.

"Let's dance." Rita says.

"Uh ok. But I should warn you I have two left feet." Mateo says.

"And I have two right feet. So we're a perfect match." Rita says.

"Um." Alexis says getting Mateo's attention.

"Don't worry it's just one dance. I promise I'll dance with you all you like after this one with Rita." Mateo says knowing how Alexis feels about Rita acting the way she does when she is around her and Mateo. Rita then grabs Mateo's hands and lead him to where she want to dance as Alexis stays close to them to listen to what is being said.

"I was looking for you earlier but I couldn't figure out how to open the painting. What do you have to do say something to open it." Rita asks.

"No you just need the key. It used to take three keys but the door got blown up. It's a long story." Mateo says showing Rita the key around his neck.

"You'll have to tell me sometime." Rita says as Alexis smiles watching Mateo enjoy himself dancing while wishing she is the one dancing with Mateo not Rita. Alexis then sees Mateo fall and goes over to him.

"Sorry about that." Mateo says as Rita helps him up before patting him down knocking off dust.

"Don't be I was the one who dropped you. Anyway thanks for the dance." Rita says as Mateo falls again as she walks off.

"But the song isn't over yet." Mateo says as Naomi and Alexis help him up

"Oh thanks Naomi. You too Alex." Mateo says.

"Where's Rita?" Naomi asks.

"Oh she's right- oh. Where'd she go?" Mateo asks.

"Well I'm going to go look for her." Naomi says as she leaves.

"Can I have this dance?" Mateo asks giving Alexis his hand.

"You may." Alexis says smiling as she and Mateo start dancing.

*Timeskip*

"Mateo! I just saw Rita with one of your potion viles." Naomi says as she comes running over to where Alexis, Gabe, and Mateo are standing.

"That's impossible. My potions are all locked up in my work shop. And I'm the only one with the key... it's gone." Mateo says feeling for the key but can't find it.

"She must have swiped it from you when she was dancing with you." Alexis says.

"I knew she was up to something while you two were dancing." Naomi says.

"Oh you danced with Rita?" Gabe asks.

"Why yes I did I also danced with my beautiful girlfriend." Mateo says.

"Guys focus. I saw her give the potion to a man and a woman. But then I lost them." Naomi says.

"I'll check my workshop to see if anything's missing." Mateo says as he leaves.

"I'll look around in wolf form to see if I can't track Rita and find where she went." Alexis says as she shifts to wolf form and starts sniffing around.

*Timeskip*

"Where on earth could that little tramp have gotten off to?" Alexis asks as she then spots Mateo in his work shop and goes over to him.

"Nothing?" Mateo asks.

"Nothing. You?" Alexis asks as she shifts to human form.

"Well my work shop has been ransacked. What happened in here?" Mateo asks.

"I think I know." Alexis pointing to Rita, Shuriki, Victor and Fiero.

"Fiero!?" Mateo shouts as Fiero then says a spell blasting Alexis and Mateo at a wall momentarily stunning them as Fiero goes over to the Codex Maru.

"Fiero you have the codex Maru let's go." Shuriki says.

"Yea maybe you can read that later." Rita says as Mateo then casts a spell getting the Codez Maru away from Fiero leaving him with some blank pages. Fiero then casts a spell at Alexis and Mateo but Alexis grabs Mateo and pull them out of the way of the blast from the spell. Alexis then shifts to wolf form as she and Mateo get up ready to fight but then see Shuriki, Rita, Victor, and Fiero are gone.

"They're gone." Mateo says.

"Come on we need to warn Elena." Alexis says.

"Right." Mateo says as they get going.

*Timeskip*

"Elena! Catch!" Mateo says as he tosses Elena her scepter as they arrive to find Shuriki after Elena and Naomi.

"Blaze!" Elena says blasting Shuriki into a pillar.

"Nice shot." Naomi says.

"Thanks." Elena says.

"How did the scepter do that?" Shuriki asks as Fiero then tries attacking Elena and Naomi but Alexis and Mateo create fields around them to protect them but there shields are then broken by Shuriki as Elena then fires another blast at her breaking her wand.

"My wand." Shuriki says as Gabe arrives.

"Drop the wand Fiero." Elena says.

"That scepter's too powerful Shuriki. We must go." Fiero says.

"Put it down." Elena says pointing her scepter at Fiero.

"I would rather put it up." Fiero says casting a spell at a chandelier making it then hit the ground giving himself, Shuriki, Carla, and Victor enough time to escape.

"I cannot let her get away." Elena says.

"Elena wait!" Gabe says as he, Alexis, Mateo, and Naomi follow after Elena on horse back.

"Whoa. I can't tell which way they went." Elena says halting her horse at a fork on the road.

"Don't worry. I'll assemble the royal guard we'll track them down." Gabe says.

"There's no time to wait. We'll have to split up." Elena says.

"No way." Gabe says.

"It's not safe out there for you alone." Mateo says.

"They're right Elena besides I promised your grand parents I wouldn't let any harm come to you." Alexis says.

"And there' no trace of them. We'd just be searching blindly. We should head back to the festival. People will start wondering where you are." Naomi says.

"But.... your right. Gabe assemble the guard. Naomi I should of listened to you about Rita. I mean about Carla. I'm sorry." Elena says.

"You don't need to apologize. The sunflower festival is all about new beginnings. Right?" Naomi asks.

"Right." Elena says.

"Then maybe we can begin again too and this time you'll trust me more?" Naomi asks.

"You have my word. The sun bird oracle said darkness was coming and here it is. This must be the big test Quita Moz was talking about. I have to stop Shuriki once and forever." Elena says as they head back to the palace.