Just You Is Enough For Me

(A little backstory here: I came up with this while writing another chapter that will be out soon, how Mettaton has dated people before you. However, these people were basically only with Mettaton for his money and fame, so after being heartbroken so many times he's rather desperate for love now. He's now willing to give people anything they want, as long as they'll love him.)

(Mettaton EX)

Second Person POV

"P- Please (Y/N) darling, just take it!"

"No Metta! I don't need another gift!"

Mettaton was currently trying to give you yet another present.

Ever since you started dating he's been trying his best to spoil you non-stop. Taking you on fancy extravagant dates, buying you expensive presents, offering to let you be the co-star of his show.

You knew why he was acting so weirdly, with how he's a celebrity and all, as well as his exes being on a few shows, word gets around on what happened.

You declined every single offer Mettaton made you. You didn't want to be on his shows, you were admittedly quite scared of large crowds anyway. You didn't need a bunch of fancy dates, sitting at home and watching a movie while covered in popcorn grease is just as nice. You didn't need all these gifts Mettaton kept trying to give to you, a little gift couldn't show how much you loved him.

After a bit more back and forth with Mettaton about the gift, you finally grabbed it and set it on a nearby table.

You cupped Mettaton's face in your hands.

"Mettaton, dear, I don't need a little gift to know you love me. That little thing can't show how much I love you."

Mettaton looked at your surprised.

"Really?"

"Really. Now come here."

You dragged Mettaton over to the couch and sat him down.

You gave him a big hug and nuzzled your face I to the crook of his neck.

Mettaton slowly returned the hug, a smile on his face and tears pricking at the corners of his eyes.

You pulled away from him a little bit, and gave him a small kiss. You then went back to snuggling into him.

You and Mettaton sat holding each other for hours, the both of you taking turns playing with each other's hair.

(Bonus stuff, cuz I feel like it's too short)

You were woken up by Mettaton shaking your arm.

You slowly sat up, your eyes adjusting to the darkness.

You saw that Mettaton was crying.

"Aw, dear, what's wrong?" You asked, putting your hands to Mettaton's face, attempting to wipe his tears away.

Mettaton let out a couple inaudible mumbles before taking a few sharp breaths.

You adjusted your pillow and layed against the headboard of you and Mettaton's bed.

You pulled Mettaton's head to your chest and slowly pet his hair.

After a bit, his crying had been reduced to sniffles.

He sniffed once more. "I- .... I had a Nightmare.."

"What about?" You asked, still stroking Mettaton's hair.

"A- About you leaving..."

You continued petting Mettaton's head.

"You don't have to worry about that dear, I'm not going to."

Mettaton smiled and closed his eyes, relaxing in your arms.

(I wrote a lot of this while so delirious I couldn't focus on one single word I wrote, I'm not kidding)

("STAY FABULOUS DARLINGS!" - Mettaton)

||Mettaton x Reader || Oneshots and Scenarios||जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें