Love Is Love, Even If It's Boxed

(This a story dedicated to FourKinnieOfficial 😔)

(Mettaton)

Second Person POV

You were face to face with Mettaton. He'd just finished his monologue about how Alphys purposefully reactivated puzzles and traps, as well as making him try and fail at capturing you, later coming to "deactivate" him and save you.

Although, Mettaton would admit, he was making his challenges easy for you on purpose. He thought you were an adorable little human, and honestly wanted to keep you and your little face out of harms way.

Mettaton was about to flip his switch and transform into his EX form but...

Nothing happened.

Mettaton tried flipping his switch again.

Yet again, nothing happened.

Mettaton just decided it'd be fine, he can perform in his box form just as well.

You had no intention of hurting Mettaton, but Mettaton pretended to try and hit you so he could put on a show.

After the show was over, Mettaton lowered the stage.

"MY, DARLING, YOU WERE ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS!" Mettaton exclaimed.

You laughed a bit. "You were too."

"WELL THEN, WOULD YOU LIKE TO-"

Just as Mettaton previously stated before the fight, Alphys did come to "deactivate" him and "save" you.

"W-Wow, he was p-pretty tough huh?" Alphys asked.

You shrugged. "Yeah, sure I guess. Can you turn him back on?"

Alphys was about to say something but looked at you surprised. "But, h-he's been deactivated! And he tried to k-kill you!"

You shrugged your shoulders again. "I think he's quite pleasant."

Alphys looked like she was going to say something, but closed her mouth and just turned Mettaton back on.

"GOOD MORNING BEAUTIFUL!" Mettaton said, getting off the ground and stretching his arms.

Mettaton rolled over to you on his one little leg and put his arm on your shoulders.

"Say Alphys, can I hang out with (Y/N) for a bit? They're much too glamorous to just let walk away!"

Alphys was quite confused, but said it was fine if you two hang out a bit.

Well, not a "bit". You and Mettaton started hanging out all the time.

Over the months of you staying in the underground, Mettaton's feelings for you grew. He so badly just wanted you wrap you up in a hug and not let you go!

Eventually, Mettaton couldn't take holding in his feelings, so he invited you to come to Grillby's, where he met you outside of the door.

As you walked towards Grillby's, you see Mettaton standing outside, fiddling with his gloves.

You were now standing right in front of him. Despite having a giant screen for a face, he didn't seem to notice you.

You cleared your throat to get his attention. He looked up at you, his screen changing to have an exclamation point on it.

"O- Oh! Darling, you're here already!"

Mettaton continued to play with his gloves a bit.

'Mettaton? STUTTERING? No way, something's definitely up..."

"I... Um... J-Just wanted to tell you.. that I... May have a bit of a... Crush... On you... AND, AND, YOU TOTALLY DON'T HAVE TO BE MY BESTIE ANYMORE IF I MAKE YOU UNCOMFORTABLE OR-"

"Yes."

"Wh- Huh?"

"I said yes. I accept your confession."

Mettaton flapped his hands after a bit of silence. He picked you up in a hug and spun you around, clearly not able to his his excitement.

"THANK YOU DARLING~!" Mettaton said, gently putting you down.

By now, you and Mettaton had been dating for quite a few months. He got you tons of gifts, and featured you on shows sometimes. His switch however didn't work still, but you were happy with Mettaton how he was.

Cuddling with his was a bit difficult, considering he IS kinda just a robotic box, it can be a bit uncomfortable at first, but you got used to it.

You were actually cuddling with Mettaton right now, you were leaning to the side, having your head against Mettaton's arm. Mettaton moved his arm to wrap it around you. He turned to you and lightly bonked his screen against your head.

"I love you darling."

(HE'S SO HOT-)

(HE'S SO HOT-)

("STAY FABULOUS DARLINGS!" - Mettaton)