EPILOGUE

"Everything ends now!" 

"No!" I shouted as I race towards Velis as she continues to crush the stone. And I pummel into her, snatching the stone from her grip in the tumble across the stage.

I can feel the stone's magic bleeding out of it!

"Here, Miss! Quick!" Tiola said to me as she runs to my side and holds out a bowl.

I place the stone carefully into the bowl, and I breathe a sigh of relief.

"Thanks, Tiola." I said to her with a small.

"It's okay, Miss! I'm just glad you didn't get sucked into it again!" Tiola said with a sad tone.

I glance up to see that Nebu has hold of Velis, and is restraining her with rope.

"Get your filthy hands off me, guard!" Velis said in a mad tone.

"Silence! You are under Royal arrest!" Nebu said to Velis. "Guards! Do not let her father leave this ceremony! Arrest him immediately!" Nebu ordered to the guards.

I see a commotion in the crowd as a few of the other palace guards restrain Menerkhet.

"This is an outrage! Release me at once!" Menerkhet said in a mad tone.

Before long, Menerkhet is also tied up and is brought up onto the stage alongside Velis.

"So it is true. You have been conspiring against me the entire time. You were fools to think you could have invaded Egypt." Prince Userma said in an angry tone, speaking to General Menerkhet and Velis.

Menerkhet gives the prince a smarmy smirk. "And yet we almost managed it." 

The crowd lets out a deafening boo, as both Velis and Menerkhet try to shake free of their shackles in vain.

"So what are you going to do with us?" Velis asks.

The prince thinks for a moment. "Nefari, I will leave this decision up to you. I highly recommend that we lock Velis and her father up in the palace prison cells for the rest of their lives. Do you agree?" The prince Userma said to me.

The prince is leaving this decision up to me?! He's right, of course-- they need to be locked up! 

"I say... lock them up for life!." 

"I'm glad you agree that it is for the best. Nebu, take them down to the cells, lock them up, and throw away the keys." Prince Userma said to Nebu.

"No! You cannot do this!" General Menerkhet madly said.

"You can protest all you like. But down in the cells, no man or woman will be able to hear you." Prince Userma said to General Menerkhet.

The prince turns to me. "Nefari, would you like to go. with Nebu and help him lock them up? Or would you rather stay here on this stage with me for the time being?" Prince Userma asked to me.

"I would like to help Nebu lock them up." I said to the prince with a smile.

Prince Userma nodded at me. "As you wish."

Nebu grabs Menerkhet, and I grab Velis, then I drag them all the way to the prison cells.

Velis hisses at me just like her snake, but she's powerless now.

Without hesitation, I kick her into her cell, and I head back up to the stage while Nebu locks the doors.

"You have a look of satisfaction about you, Nefari." Prince Userma said to me.

"It did feel pretty go to be the one to put Velis in that cell, I have to admit. And there's no way she'll be bothering any of us again locked up down there." I said to him with a wide smile.