Chapter 8

After got my shirt on, I trotted down stairs. Danny was sitting and eating a marshmellow.

     "You ready?" I asked.

     "Ya, sure." He said standing up as I walked into the room. I grabbed some blankets and Danny grabbed the smores stuff. We walked outside. I sat on the balnkets and Danny held all the food as we headed to the fire pit. We stopped at Mr. and Mrs. Spit swap and told them to make their way to the fire pit. I drove over and Danny jumped off and set the food on the 4-wheeler. I walked over to the firewood and grabbed a couple of logs. I threw them in the dirt pit. I walked into the shed and grabbed a can of gas. I poured a tiny pit, I lit a match and tossed it in to the fire.

   "That's how people in Houston do it." I proudly announced. Danny chuckled and we worked in silence to set up the blankets and the food. i plopped down on a blanket, "Where are they?" I said.

   "The must have walked, It's a long way back here." Danny said.

   "Ya I guess. Or they took a pit stop." I said.

   "Was that a sexual inuindo?"

   "Yes, it was very much so." I spoke.

    I laid down and closed my eyes for a little. I was startled awake when my butt vibrated. I reached into my back pocket and pulled my phone out. My phone read new text message.

    "From: Danny man :) <3

         Hey, turn around ;)

                       Danny   "

    I slowly turned around and Danny was laying there and he said 'boo'. I jumped. he rolled onto his back laughing. I punched him in the stomach. Scott and Clark were sharing a smore. The fire lit up the night like the sun. My face was warm and my sking was orange from the color. I made myself a smore and savored the taste in my mouth. Clark was falling asleep in Scotts arms.

    "Do you guys just wanna camp out here?" I said. "I can just go up to the shed and get a tent."

      "Yes!" Clark shouted sitting up. "Can we have two tents?" She asked.

    "Only if you two dont do anything in it." Danny said in a husky voice.

      "Then I'll run up there." I said standing up. Danny stood up also but I said, "you can stay I'll be fine.

    I rode up to the shed and got the two tents. I ran inside and got pillows and blankets. I also grabbed more food cause Scott had been complaining how he wanted more food besides smores. Ugh. Men. Always eating. I attatched the cart and tossed everything in it. I was driving back and I heard the cyotes singing their erie song. It was relaxing.

    I pulled up and Danny and Scott Helped set up the tents and Clark and I tended to the fire. I brought down hot dogs and some bananas for banana boats. After the tents were set up, I sat down and I made a banana boat to share with Clark. At almost 11 oclock I announced that I was going to bed, for I was tired and had to host the Rodeo tommorow with Clark. I got up and walked into the tent. I layed a couple big blankets down as a matress since, yes I was stuck sleeping with Danny while Clark slept with her boyfriend. God, I hope I'm not going to be woken up by Clarks dead cow moan.

     I laid down and a couple minutes later, Danny walked in. He took off his shirt. Why do men do that? I mean we dont sleep topless. I mean I do but I have a bra on. Do some men wear bras? Maybe like the ones who are "confused". I didnt want to find out. Danny layed down. He pulled me closer to him. He sat up and whispered in my ear, "I'm starting to fall for you."

    Tired all my response was, "mhmm me too." I said i a sing songy voice. Truthfully i was falling for him. But, I was too tired to even reaize I just said it till like 5 min later when Danny was "cuddling" with me. I fell asleep. I ahd a dream. A weird one too. I was in a Gown. It was Purple, My hair was in curls.  I was wearing high heels. What was going on. Then Danny walked in wearing a Suit and not saying anything he held his arm out. I took it. I felt like i was in a silent movie. If I wanted to talk I couldn't. I passed a miror, I looked like a princess. I smiled. The small gap in my teeth was gone. A door opened and I heard country music. Kids from my school were there. Principal Stevens came up to me and smiled, he placed a Small tiara on my head. The floor cleared. I saw a banner saying "Homecoming queen Sadie Weirly"  I smiled, Danny put his hand on my hip and Placed my hand on his shoulder. He pulled me closer.

    My eyes shot open. I looked around it was bright outside. I shook DAnny akwake. "What?" He moaned. I crawled on top of him. "Am I heavy" I asked.

    "No not at all." He said a layed my hed on his shest. My feet were cold and his were warm.

    "Do you like me?" He asked quitely opening his eyes. He looked at me.

    I didnt know what to say. All I did was nod. With a serious face and then I started to smile.

    "I want you to be mine." He said laughing.

   "okay" I said. I laid my head back on his chest I closed my eyes and he ran his fingers through my hair. I played with the hairs on his chest. i accidently pulled one out.

   "Sorry!" I yelled.

    "it's okay, just don't do that again." He said.

   The tent flap bursted open. "And you told us not to have sex?! Scotty!! Back to the tent!" She hollered.

   "We didnt have sex I'm just laying on him. I'm clothed and he has his pants on so t's all good." i said.

   "Damn. Nevermind Scott." I heard an aww in the backround. I couldnt help but laugh. i rolled off Danny.

   "Let's clean up and we can go back to the house and have breakfeast." I said.

   "Sounds game to me." Clark said walking away. I swear if that girl did not have me, she would have an STD for every letter of the alphabet. I we packed up and I let Danny drive. Scott and Clark Decided to sit in the back with me. We got to the shed and we unloaded everything. My mom must have been out early and picked up everything. We Carried everything inside. My mom made omlets. I didn't feel good so I had a bowl of Cereal. After we finished eating. Everyone went home. I drove over to the stable and cleaned Jujubee's stall and put her back in. She was getting a cold so i gave her some medicene. I drove back home and immediatley slept til' 2:30 when I was awaken by Clark's voice.

    "Come on! We got to get this beast in the bed to be a beauty in a couple hours!" Clark yelled.

     She was right. I looked like a mess.

    "Can't you do it for me?" I whined.

    "Put on your bathing suit. A bikini preferbaly." She said.

    Clark trotted away to the bathroom and turned the bath on. It was a big tub. I smelt my favorite bubblebath. Country air. I put on a bathing suit. I climbed in and Clark had on one of my dad's old shirts. I put my head so it was close to her. Clark dunked me so my hair was wet. She washed it.

   "You should be one of those ladies who wash peoples hair in salons." I moaned. I was getting a scalp massage and MAN it felt great. I soaped up. and I got out. Clark threw a bra and a pair of Panies at me. I took off the bathing suit and i put on the undergarmets. Ahhh clean clothing. Fresh and new. She walked back in my clost and pushed me over to the chair. She had set up blow dryer, curling iron, hair spray, makeup, and a whole bunch of other junk. Calrk blow dried my hair. After that, she curled my hair in loose long curls. They weren't tight like my moms but looked like mermaids. I told her to put a very natural look on me. She did, but she also added the sparkles and glitter I liked. We walked over to my closet, choosing out a pair of shorts we would build the outfit off of. I slipped them on. Clark threw at me my belt that has my name on the back. She tossed me a floral blouse tank top. I tucked it in. Clark pulled it out so it was a little poofy. I put on my favorite cowboy boots. they were cream colored. Of course, they had stuff on them since I had them for a while. we decided to change the shorts into jeans. Finally at 4, we finished off with hairspray and I set a cowboy hat on my head.

   "Gorgeous." Clark said in a horrible New Jersey.