Chapter 5

I walked downstairs and Clark, Scott, and Derek were all standing around the island. I stopped at the bottom of the steps and though for a second. Do I really want to go out to dinner tonight?

    "You ready?" Derek asked.

    "Yessir" I replied.

   We walked out to his truck and he opened the door for me. What a gentlemen. Goldstar for him. He had a red ford truck. It was a nice truck. He got in on the otherside and ignited the car. We started to back out when he almost hit my mailbox.

   "Whoa whoa whoa! when did that get there?" He shouted.

   'I dont know like when we built this house?"

    He smiled at me, "Your a smart alick you know that?"

   "Where have you been? I've known that for years."

   We drove into the next town over, Piolt Point. We drove through their small city and came accross a small diner called Alexadris'. We pulled in. It was a very quaint resuraunt. Our wairess came up and asked us what we wanted for a drink. I just got a water and Derek got an Arnold Palmer.

   "I need to got to the restroom. I'll be right back. I got up and I headed over to the ladies room. I opened the door and there were two other large ladies at the sinks.

   "Hi how are you doing?" one of the ladies ask me.

   "Oh I'm fine just a little nervous."

   "Now why would that be?" The other ladie asked.

   "I'm on a date and My friend chose my outfit." I said

   "Darling you look gorgeous." The ladies said and they walked out.

  I Fixed my long red hair and My shirt and i walked out. I was walking back to the table when a tear ran down my face when i saw Derek. He was kissing another girl. I walked up to the table and i grabbed my cardigan and clutch. Derek pushed the waitress off of him.

   "Sadie! It's not what you think!"

   "Oh really than what is it? 'she kissed me.' Well you kissed back. You cant kiss someone without kissing back." I shouted. By now everyone was looking at us.

   I Started to walk away and Derek grabbed my arm and pulled me back. I grabbed my water and threw it on him.

   "Your a jerk and I never want to see you again!"

    I ran out of the resturaunt and found a store where I could use the phone. I immediatley called my dad.

   "Hello?" my dad said.

    "Daddy." I siad through my tears.

   "Where are you I'm coming to get you."

   "I'm in Piolt Point at Ramseys the clothing store."

   "I'll be there in 10 min. stay inside."

  "Okay."

   "I love you bye." my dad said

   "Love you too."

   I hung up and I sat down in one of the chairs. i looked out the window and a wet Derek walked pass the store looking like he felt bad. I didnt move. A couple minutes later my dad walked in and i stood up. He jogged over to me. He wrapped me in his arms and kissed my head.

   "What happened?" He asked caringly.

   "I went to the bathroom and I came back and I saw him kissing another girl."