𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟎𝟕

HAPPY 1.5K READS. WE JUST HIT 1K NOT TOO LONG AGO THANK YOUUUUUU 😭 (also enjoy the .5 picture I took of my Monty plushie)

Your POV

The days moved on slowly, the same routine repeating over a couple of months. There were a few difficulties when Montgomery would throw things at you, threaten you, or just have his normal hissy fits; but it wasn't anything you couldn't handle.

You could see why so many people had quit your job, but you refused to give up and let Montgomery win the 'bet'.

But to say the least, you didn't hate your job at all, the friends you made there made it much more enjoyable. Except for Roxy. You haven't met her yet surprisingly.

Not to mention the huge crush you developed on Austin. You were great friends and didn't want to rush it. You were happy where you were at.

But the safety and security you felt at your job melts away at the inevitable arrival of your house. Coming home to an angry, drunk father who couldn't cope with his own personal problems. Specifically the loss of your mother. You loved your mother way more than your father, but you dealt with it in your own way.

You got by without abusing alcohol or addictive substances, unlike your father.

Yes, you never fully recovered from her death but you mourned and moved on. You felt a certain peace that she was in a better place, away from your father and his abuse.

It was the end of the day and you were now fixing a couple of Montgomery's wires that had been severed during a golfing accident. "So...how exactly did you manage to damage six wires and your left shoulder blade?" You asked, carefully replacing the wires.

"S-s-some kid threw t-their club when I wasn't l-lookin'." He responded with several glitches.

"Hmmm, sounds like Karma." You replied with a smile.

You couldn't lie, Monty was fairly entertaining...to joke around with anyway. You're acquainted with him and no where near friends. He drove you crazy most of the time, if not all the time.

"E-excuse me?" He glitched once more. "Oh, you don't remember when you threw your whole table at me?" You raised a brow while finally fixing his malfunctioning wires. "Correction, I threw it at the wall behind ya." He spoke clearly now, rolling his eyes.

"That literally doesn't change anything." You smiled, shaking your head. You pulled out a wire, making him jerk slightly. "Watch it. Plus, ya moved outta the way in time, you're fine." He shrugged it off.

"What if I didn't move and you crushed me? You would've killed your best friend." You frowned, acting hurt by his comment.

You expected him to laugh in your face or have a snarky comeback but instead, he simply sighed. "Fine. I'm sorry." He huffed. You gasped. "Did Montgomery Gator apologize?!?" You said, exaggerating your surprise. He rolled his eyes again, looking away.

A few moments of silence passed.

"So uh...ya meet any of the others yet?" He spoke randomly. "I've pretty much met everyone but Roxy...look at you starting a conversation!" You smiled with small hints of sarcasm in your voice.