𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟎𝟓

HI, I'M NOT DEAD GUYS, longer chapters soon promise 😭

Your POV

You sat with Austin, chatting with him freely as the hours passed. You both had a lot in common, he lost his mother not too long ago apparently. You stole a glance at your phone to see it was almost closing time already. Also meaning that it was time to check the animatronics.

"That time already?" Austin said, noticing you checking the time. "Yeah, can't wait to go see the psychopathic alligator." You sighed, getting up to throw your trash away. He laughed at your joke. "You're the first girl caretaker he's had, I'm sure he'll turn up soon." He responded, with a shrug. You rolled your eyes, starting to walk to rockstar row with Austin.

Monty hadn't been that bad earlier today, but you could already tell that the slightest inconvenience could set him off. "Seriously though, if you need any help er backup, just shoot me a message I'll be on the way."  Austin reassured as you approached Monty's room. You nodded and he left for Freddy's room. You knocked on the door, silently waiting for an answer.

Silence.

You sighed heavily before pulling out your card and swiping it in the slot, manually opening it yourself. The room was dark and messy, not to your surprise. The door closed behind you, trapping you in the stark room. "Monty?" You spoke into the darkness.

Two red eyes appeared, looking at you from the far side of the room. His bright red eyes were extremely unsettling, especially since you couldn't see the rest of him. "Ready for your check-up...?" You asked, nervously shifting on your feet.

There was a long pause before hearing a low growl in response, causing the hairs on your neck to stand up straight. "Make it quick." He grumbled. You heard some shifting noises before seeing his eyes lower, meaning he must've sat down for you.

"Can I turn on the light-" You started. "No." He cut you off bluntly. "Thanks." You responded sarcastically, pulling your flashlight so you had some sort of light.

You could feel his eyes on you the entire time, it was unnerving. He was stronger and taller, he could easily overpower you. You put your flashlight in your mouth so you could work quicker and more efficiently. You gulped anxiously, the tension in the room being so thick you could feel yourself slowly suffocating.

"Do ya like me?" You heard his deep voice ask you. "Huh?" Your response muffled by the light in your mouth. "Well, I don't hate you." You said normally after pulling the object out of your mouth. You wiped off the flashlight on your pant leg as you put the rest of your tools away. "Why do you ask?" You asked him.

"No reason, jus' curious." He answered simply. Weird...you thought to yourself as you exited his room. "That wasn't so bad I guess." You quietly said to yourself. You had a little extra time before you had to clock out so you made your way over to Freddy's room since Austin was Freddy's caretaker.

You knocked on the door and you were met with Austin with some black grease smeared on his nose. "What did I miss?" You asked, looking behind Austin to see Freddy sitting politely on the couch. "Nothin', you're just in time t' watch me clean birthday cake outta Freddy's wires." He smiled, stepping aside to let you in.

Austin had taken off his orange jacket, leaving him in a tight red shirt. You tried not to focus on his back muscles that flexed as he walked back to Freddy.