𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟎𝟑

Your POV

You were walking to Montgomery's room after clocking in and talking with Austin, the normal so far. You approached his room and heard sounds of crashing and things breaking. Sounds like he's in a good mood. You thought sarcastically before knocking on the door. After waiting a few seconds, the chaos still didn't stop."I'm coming in." You announced before making the door slide open. You were instantly met with a stuffed animal to the face.

He threw pretty fucking hard to make a plushie hurt. "Fuck." You cursed, holding your nose. "Get out." He grumbled, pointing to the door. "What are you, five?" You retorted angrily. His scarlet eyes burned holes through your soul. "Out." He said firmly, walking closer to you. "I have a job to do, so sorry you don't feel like it. Trust me, I don't feel like doing this either." You replied, not budging.

He backed you against the wall, his seven-foot frame was quite intimidating you have to admit. "I'm not gonna tell ya again. Because if I do," He started, bringing a sharp claw to your neck. "You're gonna see why I've made all those mechanics leave, ya got that sweetheart?" He growled in your ear, his claw drawing some blood from your neck. You didn't know what was worse. The fact that he could immediately end your life and job right here, or the fact that he wasn't...too bad to look at up close...

No.

You pushed those thoughts away and left as soon as he got off you. You rushed back down to Parts and Service to process what just happened. You took a rag and put it on your neck to stop the blood. You heard fast steps approach you. You let out a sigh. "Yeah?" You called out to whoever was down here with you. "What's wrong?" You heard Austin ask you.

"Fucking Montgomery." You huffed, not looking at Austin. "Wow, already?" He joked. You turned and gave him a look before redirecting your gaze to a wall. "Sorry, not the time. You uhh...wanna talk about it?" Austin offered. "No it's okay, I'm just gonna think for a bit." You waved him off. He nodded and left quietly, leaving you in the silent room.

✮ ✮ ✮

You hadn't noticed you had fallen asleep until there was a loud noise. Your head snapped up to the door and saw a short redhead quickly picking up her fallen items on the floor. "Oh, here." You said, running over to help. "Thank you so, so much. I'm sorry I disturbed you." The girl apologized. "Hey, don't mention it." You said, handing her the last tool from the floor.

"Well, thank you again...What's your name?" She asked politely, holding her hand out. "Y/n." You answered, shaking her hand. "Oh gosh that sure is a pretty name, just about puts mine to shame. My name is Annabelle, but my friends call me Ann or Annie, whatever you prefer sugar." She smiled sweetly. You returned the smile, she seemed like such a sweet person.

"Anyway, you must be the new mechanic I've heard about from Austin." Annabelle smiled, speaking with a slight country drawl. "New but experienced." You answered with a small laugh. "So you haven't met anyone but Monty?" She said, shocked a bit. "Yep." You nodded, fidgeting with the hem of your jacket. "Let me show you around!" She smiled, grabbing your arm and dragging you out.

Even though she was a little shorter than you, she sure as hell was strong. She had on a loose pink jumpsuit with some green jewelry to accent it. Cute. You both got into an elevator to bring you to the upper level.

"Who do you work on Annabelle?" You asked as she pressed a button. "Chica! And please, call me Ann, Annabelle is much too formal." She answered cheerfully, brushing her ginger bangs out of her gray eyes. She had long hair she wore in a single braid along with a white bandana tied on top of her head. "She sounds fun." You replied as you reached the top.

"She's awesome. We should go meet the daycare attendants first!" She said, enthusiastically bringing you along. "There's a daycare?" You asked, not remembering seeing one. "Oh you're missin' out Y/n, just you wait and see." She smiled, dragging you along quicker.

She brought you to a far away part of the Pizzaplex, this place was huge. You saw a sign that read 'Kid's Cove'. You entered an area with a movie theater, food, and a giant play area. Bubbly music started to play as you neared two large double doors. "You ready?" Your new friend asked excitedly. "Ready as I'll ever be." You shrugged.

She pushed the doors open and bright lights welcomed you. "SUNNNN." Ann yelled. You took a second, wondering why she was yelling for the giant star. You saw something pop out of the ball pit. It looked like a yellow and red jester with sun rays around its circular head. The sun jester skipped over to you, its height becoming more terrifying as it neared you. Why was everything so freakishly tall here?

"Hello new friend, what's your name?" The sun robot asked you. "Y/n." You smiled in response. "Well, you can call me Sun and we're gonna have so so SO much fun together!" He said, picking you up and hugging you. He was really tall, had to be eight feet tall.

"Okay Sunny, we just came by to say hello, her shift is almost over and she needs to get goin'." Ann laughed while Sun put you down. "Awwww. Okay but make sure you come back soon Ms. Y/n!" Sun smiled. "I will." You said while waving goodbye.

Ann walked you back to the front of the Plex. "Safe travels back! I'll make sure you meet the others tomorrow." She smiled while you left. You smiled and waved before getting in your car and driving back. You let out a long sigh, ready to get into your bed.

You entered your dark home to be greeted by your father who was awake. "Make me dinner." He said, standing in the doorway. "I'm tired I don't really want to-" He stopped you by throwing some glass bottle on the floor. "Now." He demanded. "Yes sir." You replied, sweeping up the glass before leaving to make him a sandwich.

It felt like you had been pushed around lately, but all you wanted was to rest. So you made him his dinner and got ready for bed.

Word Count: 1163 HELLO EVERYONE THANK YOU FOR 100 READS ALREADY YAY. I know that's not a 'lot' yet but that's pretty good for this book only having 3 parts 😭 Sorry for the short chapters and really slow updates, I'm trying to give the plot a little more thought than my other book, speaking of, if you haven't read-got check it out! It means a lot!!
-Mae