Chapter Three

before reading this please reread chapter two as I updated it today 27/5/2023

You knocked on the door and waited until someone opened it. you waited for about 15 minutes, the driver left long ago, and your legs were beginning to hurt, you knocked again. 

When it opened you saw a stern looking woman, she was dressed in an all-black dress, she looked at you disgusted, however you smiled at her, you didn't want any enemies when you just arrived. "You are late you should have been here thirty minutes ago" she said with an annoying smile. 'Is she for real mad because I arrived late when there wasn't a meeting time in the first place what is she? my mom?' you clenched your fist behind your back, you were annoyed but hid it with a smile "I apologize but the road was long and bumpy, so it was better for my safety to walk slower" you said in a sweet and oblivious tone wanting to sound innocent.

 'Lie' you thought in your mind "hmm" she hummed arrogantly "go to the room at the end of the corridor" she said looking at you with a smirk "yes madam.." you said waiting for her to say her name not that you wanted to know but you had to since she was your superior or in another regions your boss " my name is Kayla and I know your name so don't bother telling it and it is miss not madam. I served here since before your mother and father even met, I had no time for meaningless love you better do the same, so you better treat me and the rest with respect" she said with arrogant smirk of hers

'Now I know why you didn't get married, you old hag' "yes miss" you said thinking whether or not you should take out that dagger and end her. she left and you walked to the room, which is supposed to be yours, you looked at the rotting door, the door looked like it will fall at any given second. 

you went inside and found dust covering everything even the curtains were covered with a thick layer of dust, you sighed and patted a chair clean and then dropped you bag on it, you changed into an old dress you found in the closet in the corner of the room before cleaning up for a bit 'I see how it is, they are trying to chase me away those good for nothing bastards' you thought irritated 'just how is that prince treated for his personal maid to be treated like that' you thought, no one ever treated you like that in your old life everyone feared you or adored you on of the two.

angry at how that woman treated you lay on the now clean bed and exhaustion finally sets in you slept right away.  you woke up first thing in the morning and changed you looked at the bag and saw the dagger you thought for a while before taking it and sliding it in your undergarment, so no one knew you had it on you. you went out looking for any place to go to, no one showed you the place, so you didn't know where to go, you kept walking around for a while until you found a dining room made of walnut wood, you saw a few maids there and tried making friends with some but all off them refused speaking with you. not wanting to deal with you and get themself in trouble with the higher ups AKA miss Kayla, you sat down on the chair and soon enough maids started flowing in the room, two maids sat next to you one on each side, they didn't talk to you, but they didn't bother you, so you left them be.

 after a while the door opened and the woman from Last night entered, everyone including you got up and bowed down to the woman, she sat down on the biggest chair, we started eating breakfast, after everyone was done eating, you went to Kayla even though you would rather die again than willingly talk to her. "miss may I know what my duties are as the personal maid of the prince" you said calmly rising your voice a tiny bit at the personal maid part, you saw her smirk before saying "you do anything the prince asks of you, also you will be staying here, you will stay there only if the prince wants to, the distance between here and the palace you will work at is not small and I expect you to be here before midnight or else you will sleep out this is the rules that everyone follows, you have to follow it as well" she said it all in one go not giving you a second to say anything "now leave and don't be late cause I won't be letting you in" you sighed "I see then miss what direction should I go" you asked "figure it out yourself" she said then left 'this.. bi... you know what never mind I don't want to waste my time or energy thinking like that' you closed her eyes and said "fine I Will get going now" you said with a fake smile before bowing and then left trying to find out how to get to the palace where the prince stays.